Not open for further replies.

RoadcraftNottingham

Wannabie Member
Jan 12, 2012
I ride a
Honda Pan Euopean 1100, Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC, Ducati Diavel, CBR600RR-8
AZZ3R said:
RoadcraftNottingham said:
It's worth it because as you get more subs, you get money for doing a hobby you enjoy, bonus. Took several months for me to get the 1st payment but as my subs go up, I'm getting more money each month. Go for it, you've nothing to lose.

We don't all have interesting vlogs like yourself haha, & get to test ride a couple bikes a month.

I think because your an instructer & alot of people wanting to start biking would come across your channel first gives you an advantage. But it works so, Win, win :)
I love my job!!!!!!! Lol.

Soulless82

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2012
I ride a
My two left feet... For the time being..
I never came across roadcrafts channel til later on I came across m13 - extreme601 - DANCBR1 - ParisianZee - Friz020 - carlstant1, so yeah just make sure you tag your vlogs with something that will get peoples attention.

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
just have to wait 3 months till I'm 18 >.<

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R

I'd love your job, hehe. What made you decide you wanted to own a motorcycle shop & become an instructor?
You may have a video about it which I've missed but could be a topic to maybe mention in a vid? :)

Chuckles85

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
I ride a
FZ6N
I have earned a total of £5:80 in 2 months so by the end of a years vlogs I will have a total of £36ish :p which will buy me erm... some gloves at 40% off at my local dealership

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
just got to wait 3 months to start earning.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Chuckles85 said:
I have earned a total of £5:80 in 2 months so by the end of a years vlogs I will have a total of £36ish :p which will buy me erm... some gloves at 40% off at my local dealership
POPE5HAT said:
Basically you get payed for adverts on your videos.. but to actually get any cash you need to make £100 before you get anything :( or something along those lines

Wonder if this is the case, I'm abit sceptical about adding my bank details to YT when the internet is so open theres a chance of them being stolen but I don't don't think I'd ever do it, got my job, touch wood I'll have it for alot longer aswell.

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
AZZ3R said:
Chuckles85 said:
POPE5HAT said:
Basically you get payed for adverts on your videos.. but to actually get any cash you need to make £100 before you get anything :( or something along those lines

Wonder if this is the case, I'm abit sceptical about adding my bank details to YT when the internet is so open theres a chance of them being stolen but I don't don't think I'd ever do it, got my job, touch wood I'll have it for alot longer aswell.

you don't add bank details, just and adress and they send you a cheque

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Mikesmotorbike said:
you don't add bank details, just and adress and they send you a cheque

Walking into a bank to cash a £5 cheque can be slightly pointless, but if you had to earn over £100 to get it & then get the £100 aswell then that would be more than worth it. hehe. I may look into it, but I don't post as often as most on here.

RoadcraftNottingham

Wannabie Member
Jan 12, 2012
I ride a
AZZ3R said:

I'd love your job, hehe. What made you decide you wanted to own a motorcycle shop & become an instructor?
You may have a video about it which I've missed but could be a topic to maybe mention in a vid? :)

I'm actually gonna do an "about me" vlog explaining all this (for anyone who's interested of course)

I don't want to fall into the trap of uploading all the time for the sake of it and want to keep the quality up too. I believe if you sort of spam loads and loads of uploads for the sake of it people may get bored and unsubscribe. I might even delete some of my earlier uploads now.

I had my first £60.00 in November and I earned £31.00 this Month, that's not bad for a hobby is it? Added to the fact I've had a few people start training with me off the back of my uploads too which is cool.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
I believe if you sort of spam loads and loads of uploads for the sake of it people may get bored and unsubscribe.
100% Agree, I'll watch vloggers I like that upload alot, but since about September I've been concentrating on getting HD vids up, nothing worse than watching a video with crap quality, I must have watched your Donington a few times.

I had my first £60.00 in November and I earned £31.00 this Month, that's not bad for a hobby is it? Added to the fact I've had a few people start training with me off the back of my uploads too which is cool.

Not bad atall, & thats always good news.

Anyone actually asked for a cheque rather than bank details?
Whats the speed if so?

RoadcraftNottingham

Wannabie Member
Jan 12, 2012
I ride a
I gave bank details, no pin number or personal details required so it's safe and the money was paid straight in. Glad you like my Donington Vid, it's one of my faves, the bike sound makes the hairs stand up on my neck. :p

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
AZZ3R said:
I believe if you sort of spam loads and loads of uploads for the sake of it people may get bored and unsubscribe.
100% Agree, I'll watch vloggers I like that upload alot, but since about September I've been concentrating on getting HD vids up, nothing worse than watching a video with crap quality, I must have watched your Donington a few times.

Not bad atall, & thats always good news.

Anyone actually asked for a cheque rather than bank details?
Whats the speed if so?

I don't know what it's like there but in the US they usually tell me a check is coming and it gets here between 1 and 1 1/2 weeks after the date they say it was sent. You can also look at your stats in Adsense and if you're over the payout threshold they'll tell you the date your next check will be sent.

boobaloo

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2011
I ride a
GoPed
kryten said:
I can tell you from experience that it would be difficult to even give you a reasonable estimate or average because it fluctuates so wildly. I've tried to figure out a formula or average and I gave up because its all over the place.
Agreed. However, these may help clarify things a bit... :geek:

* Invitation to Earn Revenue From Your YouTube Videos?
You’ll share in the income that YouTube makes from advertisers. This will amount to maybe $1 per 1,000 views. Could be pennies per 1,000 and it could be a couple bucks per thousand.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7SwV25qw8Q[/youtube]

Where Youtube is now VS where it wants to be (regarding CPMs) in 2012 & beyond...

* YouTube to Advertisers: You Will Pay $20 CPMs for Dog-On-Skateboard Videos and You Will Like It
Mr. Kamangar gave the example of online videos that show dogs riding skateboards -- the types of videos that YouTube detractors love to say are dominant on the site. He said the platform could normally command about a $2 CPM for such a video. But if that same video were to be packaged within the confines of one of the new original-content channels on YouTube, adjacent to so-called premium video content, prices would rise.

"That same video can command a $20 CPM," he said. "How you brand and package matters."
* STREAMING DREAMS
If YouTube could get people to stay on the site longer, it could sell more advertising, and raise the rates it charges advertisers for each thousand views, which are known in the industry as C.P.M.s. (In spite of the fact that YouTube has a much larger number of users, it lags behind Hulu in C.P.M. rates, possibly because Hulu’s longer-format programming keeps viewers from leaving the site as quickly, and because advertisers prefer to be associated with the made-for-broadcast content that Hulu offers.) Advertisers spend some sixty billion dollars a year on television; they spend only about three billion on online video.
* Toyota, GM, Unilever Channel Big Bucks to YouTube
The deals work out to $15 to $25 per thousand views, competitive with broadcast TV ad rates. At a low-end sponsorship cost of $500,000 a month, an advertiser would need roughly 25 million impressions to net a $20 CPM -- unlikely for most startup channels.

I don't want to fall into the trap of uploading all the time for the sake of it and want to keep the quality up too. I believe if you sort of spam loads and loads of uploads for the sake of it people may get bored and unsubscribe.
Keeping content quality "up" is always a good idea. Also, don't make assumptions about stuff like upload frequency. Use your channel analytics to figure out what's best/optimal for both the content you produce & the audience it attracts. The latest Creator Playbook is remarkably comprehensive & minimizes all the guesswork involved in building a successful/lasting presence on Youtube... IMHO. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Theodor Off Topic Chat 4