Youtube Removes Monetization

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
So if your under 10,000 views it's going to be removed. This is obviously in the wake of the ad problems they have been having. It shouldn't make much of a difference to small channels but be wary of new channels as it appears you may have to partner with a network and you don't want to do that.

https://socialblade.com/blog/youtube-removes-monetization-ypp/

Last edited by a moderator:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
WOW.... well at least I am 731 views over on this channel and 1100 over on my other channel. YouTube are shittin bricks I guess. I don't really care about the advert monetization, but will take the queens shilling if it is offered.... done worse for less! :p

jthomas

jthomas1310
Jan 9, 2016
Australia
I ride a
2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
All part of Googles PC stance. If someone deems your video to possibly offend just 1 person in the world, you will get flagged and have monetisation removed etc. They are blocking content and search results even if the content is true and fact, but may upset some whiny baby out there. Welcome to Orwells 1984 I think.

MIcruiser

SW Michigan motovlogger
Sep 25, 2015
SW Michigan
I ride a
2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300
https://www.youtube.com/c/MIcruiserGUY
But what influence do channels with less than 10k views have overall? I know there are a TON of them out there, and I bet most are dead channels or ones like my first one that was just to share vids with family and never intended to be anything usefull to the general public. This seems like a useless change that wont have any affect on much in the grand scheme of things.

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r

jthomas

jthomas1310
Jan 9, 2016
Australia
I ride a
2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
I was just going to post about it. I have only 1400 views so far. However the monetization tab is still active on my videos, however not sure if ads are actually shown. Oh well that wouldn't matter that much. Considering that 10 000 views is ~ $20-60 US.

Here is the official link https://youtube-creators.googleblog.com/2017/04/introducing-expanded-youtube-partner.html

Itd be awesome if they paid that much, its actually much much lower. It doesnt make sense to a business perspective, to pay nothing after already paying sweet fa anyway. Its just to "encourage" creators to be obedient with their content. Google playing Big Brother.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I'll comment later. I've added your video in the post.

I do marketing for a living so have some thoughts

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
If you are growing your channel, doing all the right things and getting the correct exposure, or you decide to go down the viral/click-bait route, reaching 10,000 lifetime views should not take that long to achieve, given that time to reach that mark, you probably are still in the process of fine-tuning your content, style, brand, etc.

Personally I don't see it as something bad, because if you aren't at 10,000 lifetime views yet, I highly doubt your earnings via monetization is that much which will impact you greatly in terms of financial. Those that were already doing monetization and having the feature removed, whatever earnings you had are still there till you are able to reach the 10,000 mark and meet the minimum $100 threshold.

I do see YT point of trying to prevent people from starting new channels, stealing/re-uploading content to cash-in on a quick monetization before anyone (or the original creator) realizes what's happening.

There was another thread talking about how ads are only going to run on more popular videos, I see that as inline with this action YT is taking, all of this is to ensure ads will run on wider viewed content, making advertisers happy.

Yeah, YT is not here to make uploaders happy, advertisers foot the bills (and monetization payouts) so it's in YT best interest to keep them happy.

Still curious to see what Dan has to say about this though. Don't keep us in suspense! :)

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Yea, unless you're hovering around 10,000 subs and raking in at least 6 figure views per month, you're not earning anything more than pittance anyway.

So 10k block or not, it's not gonna affect any of us. Truth be told, look at your videos yourself from someone else's device. I'm pretty sure you don't see ads getting played most of the time.

Reactions: SighBored

thunderous71

Daddy
Aug 4, 2011
Surrey
www.thunderous71.com
I ride a
Mt-09
As others have said, don't fuss the 10k in fact it is a good thing. Why?
Well hopefully it will stop a lot of the fly by night chans that pop up and disappear and leave more space for you to grow, people who care about their channel not people who want to steal content and generate an income from that.

So real channels in the long term will win out. As already said unless you got say 8k + subs and get at least 100k views a month the dosh received from youtube is next to nothing. Even at 100k a month it is still tiny. Doesn't even cover my petrol costs.

So if new, don't worry use the analytics to focus on your audience and build your chan.

Reactions: SighBored

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts