Not open for further replies.

noddydon

Wannabie Member
Jan 6, 2012
Kent UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Jinlun 250-2
On March 7th Youtube forces it's "My Channel" changes on everyone regardless.

Until now I have chosen the option to retain the old layout but have reluctantly been looking at the new forthcoming setup. To be brief - "Ugh"!

Just curious as to what other "Youtuber's" think. For me it is the lack of "tuning" that can be done compared with the old layout. Where have all the text options and all the skins that were previously there gone? Bad news for my eyes is the use of small grey text on a white background or in the case of the header a charcoal background. As a Firefox user there is an add-on called "NoSquint" that I use to adjust and remember the text size per site visited. Also it has a feature that can change the text colour per site visited. So to some extent the new Youtube layout can be made more tolerable.

Or am I in the minority?

Don

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
I think it looks good and sleek, but it could do with more having customization possible.

I also think the channel comments feature is now too well hidden to make it worthwhile!

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Once you use it for a while you get used to it. You won't even notice it after a few weeks,

noddydon

Wannabie Member
Jan 6, 2012
Kent UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Jinlun 250-2
Allow me one more small rant then I promise to shut up.

Joined "DailyMotion" the other day because of Youtubes artrocious upload times and also because of the aforementioned "My Channel" changes due soon.

DailyMotion offers uploads:

Not exceeding 60 minutes in length
Not exceeding 2 Gb in size
A resolution of HD 720p (1280x720)

Subscriptions are also supported.

NO, I don't have any connection with DailyMotion but Youtube has infuriated me with it's dictatorial attitude and a lack of means to complain about it. There was an email address along with a note that stated something like "We cannot answer emails but rest assured that we do read and take note of them" - yeah, right!

Rant over, going to have a cuppa and calm down now...... :lol:

Don

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
Does Dailymotion pay you?

There are many other video hosting sites but as far as I know Youtube is the only one where I can get paid. Gots to get my moneyz, yo!

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
Also the old layout gave people too many options. Half the time I couldn't stand looking at people's Youtube channel because it looked like someone barfed on it, yellow text on lime green backgrounds and crap. The average person is too design illiterate to be given free reign with designing a web site. A majority of the channels I saw were atrocious. Sometimes less is more. See what you can do with it.

I do agree on the channel comment thing though. They're hidden and I didn't even know they were there for a while. I like the homepage better now and I've found lots of channels that i like just based on the fact that one of the people I subbed commented or subbed to someone else.

When the current layout that everyone seems to love so much was introduced everyone hated it. They tweaked it over time and made it better and now everyone hates the newest layout. They'll tweak it too and everyone will love it by the time the next change happens.

BrianWest58

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST1050, KX250 and various other instruments of two wheeled death.
kryten said:
Also the old layout gave people too many options. Half the time I couldn't stand looking at people's Youtube channel because it looked like someone barfed on it, yellow text on lime green backgrounds and crap. The average person is too design illiterate to be given free reign with designing a web site. A majority of the channels I saw were atrocious. Sometimes less is more. See what you can do with it.

I do agree on the channel comment thing though. They're hidden and I didn't even know they were there for a while. I like the homepage better now and I've found lots of channels that i like just based on the fact that one of the people I subbed commented or subbed to someone else.

When the current layout that everyone seems to love so much was introduced everyone hated it. They tweaked it over time and made it better and now everyone hates the newest layout. They'll tweak it too and everyone will love it by the time the next change happens.

+1 My hopes are that they let in a bit more personalizing as time goes by... before they change it again!
I gave in when they announced the permanent change.

noddydon

Wannabie Member
Jan 6, 2012
Kent UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Jinlun 250-2
kryten said:
Does Dailymotion pay you?

There are many other video hosting sites but as far as I know Youtube is the only one where I can get paid. Gots to get my moneyz, yo!

Sorry kryton it doesn't look like they do. :cry: However as an alternative to Youtube it does have some merit.

Thanks all for your comments...... :D

Don

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
I find it harder to use and with less benifits.

senthx

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
Bedfordshire
I ride a
BMW 650 Sertao, Honda XR 250, Suzuki VanVan
I just put up with changes on the whole, occasionally I will just leave a service all together, only happened twice

ez-board (now yuku), and ebay are two I've ditched for all time, others I've wandered away from and use less often.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
senthx said:
I just put up with changes on the whole, occasionally I will just leave a service all together, only happened twice

ez-board (now yuku), and ebay are two I've ditched for all time, others I've wandered away from and use less often.

Just don't sell on ebay? Or abandoned it all together.

senthx

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
Bedfordshire
I ride a
BMW 650 Sertao, Honda XR 250, Suzuki VanVan
left it behind all together, I've closed my account too, and shut my pay pal account as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts