Your Own Audio Tracks?

natesvlogs

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2015
Adelaide
I ride a
2013 Yamaha FZ8
Just realizing the importance for free not copyrighted music being used on our motovlogs.
question is.
If I make up something myself (own recording etc.) can I use that or am I going to need to prove I made it myself etc.?

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
I'd imagine you'd just have to mention in the description that the music is an original piece composed by yourself. If you get hit by one of those companies that try to claim any and all music belongs to them, you will have the original music with which to show YouTube. You should need to prove it, but keep the original just in case.

Reactions: natesvlogs

natesvlogs

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2015
Adelaide
I ride a
2013 Yamaha FZ8
ahh ok no problems. will start getting back to the whole writing board get some stuff together

MattFazakarley

Aprilia RS 125
Dec 8, 2012
Cheshire
I ride a
Aprilia RS 125
you wont have to link it anyway. Youtube uses an audio recognition thing so if it picks up a song it knows as copyrighted they will contact you and mute your audio. But if its something that you are recording yourself i wouldnt worry about it as they wont pick it up. Just for safety id probably write a disclaimer in the description :)

E.B.Bars

Wannabie Member
Jan 5, 2015
I ride a
shadow
yeah nate i just use my own music and i did ask APRA and they said that if you can prove you made it (pro tools session) its yours

CaptainCranky

Misunderstood genius
Nov 14, 2013
Lismore, NSW, Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2013 Honda CB500XA
I've been using my own music for 2 years of motovlogging. The robots that search for copyrighted music won't find it, I have files that prove I made it in my recording studio and or on garage band, so I am ready if they ever question it, they had better be ready for my response :)
So yeah best way mate, use your own, stick a middle digit up to YT and their copyright crap and credit yourself in the description.
Give me a link to your channel buddy, I'd like to see what you come up with :)

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Or never use the full track and ask them to supply how it begins or ends, or the vocal version, that'll fox them :)

RealRider

No longer a member
Nov 5, 2014
Brisbane
I recently went through this with some music I used from freemusicarchive.

The owner of the music has signed up with a copyright agent to ensure people don't use their music for commercial purposes as per their user agreement for that specific track.

You contest it with a copy-paste of their contest blurb in their agreement and you are solid. 5 minutes later I was unmuted.

AndyManCam

www.youtube.com/anymancam
Feb 26, 2014
Hamburg
I ride a
Versys 650
I use a lot of my own music, including my main theme tune, and haven't had any trouble. But that being said I have also registered all of my music with PRS and is all avaliable from iTunes etc.

Funny story though. I used some music made by a friend, after asking for his explicit approval of course, but then due to how he'd released his music it was picked up and flagged for copyright by YouTube! So by getting permission from the musics actual creator I collected my only ever issues with YouTube!! :D

Still, even though I can't monetise those videos any more, my friend David Kerrigan still gets some exposure for his great songs!

BarcelonaR

Prapapapaaa!
Apr 23, 2015
Barcelona, Catalonia
I ride a
CBF 500
Man, what a shit, even with your own music you've got to be worrying somehow. I think I won't use any music, I don't want to be worried all the time about copyrights, flags, ... Thanks for your info, though!!

Vs!

kuhlka

Wannabie Member
Jul 7, 2014
SoCal OC
youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red, 2007 Ducati 1098
There should be zero issues with using your own music, assuming you're using royalty-free sounds... I recently created my own intro and outro for my stuff moving forward. I'd link my latest vlog, but it would probably get wiped.

Anyway, I threw them together in FL Studio 12, including the video. I use the zGameEditor visualizer to create the video and use tracks to sync the text and tunnel with the music and robo voice. The bottom text I added in post. I'll probably switch to having the type of video stay at the top (Diavel Vlog, 1098 Vlog, How-To, etc) then do the highlights text and title at the bottom. Let me know what you think. It's a bit trippy and best heard with high quality headphones (dat BASS WUB).

kuhlka

Wannabie Member
Jul 7, 2014
SoCal OC
youtube.com
I ride a
Oh, and I recently bought the Leviathan sound pack and Ill.Gates Trap pack since he's having a sale. If you're into EDM, he's got a 40% off sale going for all of the sound packs, libraries, and other software. I WISH the hardware was on sale. I'd buy the Midi Fighter bundle right away. IFF I get a bunch of different intro/outro tracks ripped out, I might be willing to share them in exchange for a mention and link in the video description and maybe a card link to wherever I end up hosting my personal music playlist. Producing is time-consuming and I'm a busy baby biker daddy.

https://producerdj.com/product-category/sound-packs/

RogueMogul

Wannabie Member
Apr 28, 2015
I ride a
Ducati Hypermotard
Victory Cross Country
Honda CB550
Sorry for the hijack, but what is the YT stance on music that is somewhat audible coming from a car radio at a stoplight? I'm editing a vid where the music from a car near me at a stoplight actually got picked up by my mic.

Oh and on topic, I'm using my own music for intro and outro and stuff.

kuhlka

Wannabie Member
Jul 7, 2014
SoCal OC
youtube.com
I ride a
Sorry for the hijack, but what is the YT stance on music that is somewhat audible coming from a car radio at a stoplight? I'm editing a vid where the music from a car near me at a stoplight actually got picked up by my mic.

Oh and on topic, I'm using my own music for intro and outro and stuff.

It's a mixed bag. If it's longer than 15s and their system picks it up, you might get a copyright hit. I know some car vloggers have had to delete videos because a song came on the radio and YT flagged the video. Clarity of the audio plays a big role. Scroll down just past the halfway point of this article and you'll get an idea of how much fudge room you have.

http://www.scottsmitelli.com/articles/youtube-audio-content-id

Just drop the pitch, compression, or speed by 7%, hope the music wasn't anywhere near the start of the song, take the audio out of phase, or have a greater than 50% ambient/vlog audio with <50% song and you should be safe. When I do my car vlogs, I turn my music waaaaay down just to be safe.

Reactions: RogueMogul

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts