Who is your favorite motovlogger?

mymotorrad

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2021
Fountain Hills AZ
www.mymotorrad.com
I ride a
2009 R1200RT
I started watching Motorcycle Content on YouTube around this time last year. Since then, I have consumed a lot of content and had my favorites seem to shift from month to month.

I used to watch a lot of Bikes and Beards - I loved the types of videos where he would go out and buy a bike then immediately take it on an adventure (he owns a Dealership so there was some crossover). Then his channel began to shift and focus more torture tests on cheap bikes he bought on Amazon. I still watch the channel from time to time but it feels very Algorithm driven with a heavy emphasis on advertising.

From there I started watching Shadetree Surgeon and I think I managed to go through quite a bit of his old videos. He is probably the one channel I've stuck with the longest. I like his loud and often comical personality. As Brapstar grows there seems to be more and more overlap between channels - so I'm not too worried about missing an episode since I'll probably get caught up when I watch Chey or Flip.

Around the time I discovered this forum (I'm not even sure where that was in the timeline of things) is when I got introduced to small channels and that is really where my preference lies now. The bulk of what I watch are channels with less than 1k subscribers and are highly likely to interact with their viewers.

I feel like I could easily recommend 25 channels but to keep it brief, I'll give you the first five that come to mind

Saddlebags73
WestonSuperMotoVlog
MisplacedMotovlogger
GoofyBastard
Setzerpendence
I like Josh too. He's cool. Probably a talented writer. I watch Shawn Smoaks too. I used to watch bikes and beards, but as you said, he changed. Mikaili7 is good too, he's more like myself in some ways. TeaPotOne is cool too.

Reactions: WaltInPA

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I agree on B&B - I will watch about 25% of his vids. I skip Cheyleesi's stuff, since most of it is covered in SS anyway, and I have so many subscriptions I need to cull the herd, as it were.

I too, am enjoying the smaller channels, and it keeps my motivation up for producing my own quality-ish content :D

I really dig how friendly the small MVer community is though, even @SighBored with his 225k-ish sub count ;) His ego hasn't outgrown his britches, as we like to say.

-John

KapGranite

New Hampshire, USA
Jun 16, 2020
New Hampshire
I ride a
Victory Cross Country
I have too many to really list them all but I like the Shadetree, bearded bobber, chopper fett, blockhead and a bunch of smaller channels. Just like seeing different parts of the world.

BikeFather

Wannabie Member
Apr 11, 2021
I ride a
Harley Davidson Sport Glide
AndyManCam, The Likable RIder - These 2 are fun to watch when they go for rides together.

RoyalJordanian, ItchyBoots, Blockhead, and probably a few others I'm forgetting..

MachKneel

Insta : @flex_and_freedom
Mar 23, 2021
Co.Derry, Ireland
I ride a
Harley Davidson Softail 2021, Yamaha R6 2005
Just noticing this thread. Been watching Motovlogs now for about a year.

My favourites probably are;

BLOCKHEAD - for straight up info
Yammie Noob - for crazy stuff
The Missenden Flyer - for honest bike reviews and a chilled out watch
ChaseonTwoWheels - for a bit of everything
ItchyBoots - for similar reasons as above.

Probably am missing others, youtube can take you to strange places during a binge! :)

Thanks

John

mymotorrad

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2021
Fountain Hills AZ
www.mymotorrad.com
I ride a
2009 R1200RT
I watch Smoaks Vlogs every day. I like Shawn. From there, it's mixed as far as motorcycle stuff. I usually watch CycleTron. There are channels that have higher production value and are polished, but I don't care for the content. Some of them are cardboard cutouts and it's a brand thing. I like real people. Itchymouche seems genuine. On the car side I used to like Uncle Tony's Garage. I haven't seen it in a while. I subscribe to too many channels and honestly I can't watch it all anymore. Josh Laurenti AKA Shadetree is good. I think he's honest, but some of his stuff runs long. Robin The Lady Biker is good. Maikeli7. Bruce Smart with TeaPotOne. I love Scots. Outside of that, it's 5-10 hear and there with a bunch. It all depends on what their videos are about too.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I watch Smoaks Vlogs every day. I like Shawn. From there, it's mixed as far as motorcycle stuff. I usually watch CycleTron. There are channels that have higher production value and are polished, but I don't care for the content. Some of them are cardboard cutouts and it's a brand thing. I like real people. Itchymouche seems genuine. On the car side I used to like Uncle Tony's Garage. I haven't seen it in a while. I subscribe to too many channels and honestly I can't watch it all anymore. Josh Laurenti AKA Shadetree is good. I think he's honest, but some of his stuff runs long. Robin The Lady Biker is good. Maikeli7. Bruce Smart with TeaPotOne. I love Scots. Outside of that, it's 5-10 hear and there with a bunch. It all depends on what their videos are about too.

Maikeli7 is a chill dude... we're friends on FB and I watch all his videos. They run long because he doesn't do any fancy editing, but his audio is on point and his content is always good [and most times funny too!]

Shadetree's videos run long but there's always something going on ... lots of scene cuts and the like. I'll watch about 2/3rds of his videos.

-John

mymotorrad

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2021
Fountain Hills AZ
www.mymotorrad.com
I ride a
2009 R1200RT
Maikeli7 is a chill dude... we're friends on FB and I watch all his videos. They run long because he doesn't do any fancy editing, but his audio is on point and his content is always good [and most times funny too!]

Shadetree's videos run long but there's always something going on ... lots of scene cuts and the like. I'll watch about 2/3rds of his videos.

-John

I like Mike too. He's from Boston area and I am from NY. I get him. I like Josh too. I think he's been through a lot. The only vlogger I am connected to on FB is Shawn Smoaks. I'm connected to a bunch on IG. Honestly, and this has nothing to do with his riding skill, but I am afraid for Mike on that H2. I hope he keeps safe. As you said he's chill.

mymotorrad

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2021
Fountain Hills AZ
www.mymotorrad.com
I ride a
2009 R1200RT
Hey there, Im new here so if this topic has been beaten to death forgive me. You can just point me to the thread. Otherwise, post just one favorite motovlogger you've been watching during the pandemic winter months.
I think my favorite has to be Itchyboots. Which you can search for her on Youtube.
I am really digging Itchymoche and Long Way Home of late. Just seem regular, unpretentious. Road Reality too.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I am really digging Itchymoche and Long Way Home of late. Just seem regular, unpretentious. Road Reality too.

Thanks man! Not only am I regular, but I'm average too! :D

I'm also the humblest person I know ;)

-John

Reactions: mymotorrad

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
By regular, I mean real or at least you seem real. Some of the folks that do well are like cardboard cutouts/schtick. I appreciate those that aren't.

That's hitting the nail on the head right there! In my earliest videos, I tried to be something I thought would be appealing to viewers, but the results were sub-par. Several months ago I said F**K IT and I just let my personality go flying. It was actually a tip from Nate @ Channel Makers on YT... I texted back and forth with him a few times and he gave me some pointers, one of which was being myself in my vids, just turned up a notch.

So, what you're seeing is really just my personality, quirks and all. I also do less editing, if you can believe it, because those quirks are me and make for better vids.

-John

Reactions: mymotorrad

UncleL

Uncle LongBeard
Feb 29, 2020
Midlands, UK
I ride a
HD, W800, RE
I have to say that I watch much less youtube than before pandemics. Just not enough free time funnily. So now, I choose something which fits my mood at the moment.
Like:
Million Dollar Bogan - when I'm into some funny nonesense... and travel ;)
Shadtree - when I'm more into partying and fun
Magpie - when I'm in camping and travel mode
Motorcycle Travel Channel - when I want to see some quality film-making tips ... and some travel
Andy Man Cam - when I want to see some touring with funny commentary
C90 - always :)
Doghouse - when I'm into bike building mode
lnspltblvd - for bikes
Lolo cochet - for travel and quality motorcycle videos - I only regret that I don't know French and auto subtitles are crap

and occasionally many smaller channels.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO