When it rains, it pours!

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
So, this Vlogging season has not gone to plan. A couple weeks ago, I left to head to my MSF Ridercoach prep course, and get the first real ride on the bike since winter. I made it about 3/4 mile from the house and got smoked by a deer. No major damage, it was low speed, but it did trash my gear, including my Drift. Damage to bike was minimal, and I even rode the rest of the way in and home. Camera gear issues have been resolved, but a little over a week later, I ended up getting severely hurt at work, as in nearly killed me. Internal bleeding is NOT fun. Was in the hospital most of last week, and just got home yesterday, still very weak.

So, I'm on the mend, but won't be able to ride at all until at least the middle to end of June. On a positive note, the bike will be done in a couple weeks, so it'll likely be fixed before I am. Even once I'm good to ride, I'm not sure what kind of endurance I'll have to do so. I'm just hoping I don't miss out on the whole season!

But as a good side note, I did finish Ridercoach Prep. I have to do 1 more student teaching session which can be done once I'm back to normal. And as an even better side note, the whole ordeal with the deer hit ended up with me getting head hunted by the insurance company I use, they're headquartered in the town I live in. My current career has been getting more and more dangerous and this whole mess has made me re-evaluate where I want to be. So maybe things happen for a reason?

Hopefully that's the last of the issues I have to fight through for a long time.

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
@nophix your profile says you are a truck driver. I am glad you survived the internal bleeding. What kind of workplace accident was it? Crash? Mishap loading or hooking up?
I'm an LTL driver. So I do daytime pickup and delivery. Think a UPS guy in a semi. I was at a customer that doesn't have a dock, and was moving a pallet of paint to the tail. When I spun it around, I lost control of it and it slammed me to the wall and the handle of the pallet jack drilled into my stomach and rib cage, rupturing a small intestine. We've been fighting to get more powered jacks since we've taken on so much more heavy no dock freight, but the equipment manager is balking at the cost. So uneven terrain, plus wrong equipment, plus heavy freight and you get the idea. Needless to say, our safety director finally has the leverage he needs to get us sorted on equipment.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I'm an LTL driver. So I do daytime pickup and delivery. Think a UPS guy in a semi. I was at a customer that doesn't have a dock, and was moving a pallet of paint to the tail. When I spun it around, I lost control of it and it slammed me to the wall and the handle of the pallet jack drilled into my stomach and rib cage, rupturing a small intestine. We've been fighting to get more powered jacks since we've taken on so much more heavy no dock freight, but the equipment manager is balking at the cost. So uneven terrain, plus wrong equipment, plus heavy freight and you get the idea. Needless to say, our safety director finally has the leverage he needs to get us sorted on equipment.
I am sorry it took you rupturing your intestine to get better equipment. I hope you get back to 100% health soon.

Reactions: nophix

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Ahh jeez, that really sucks mate.... heal fast and try not to laugh too much while your ribs heal up.

Reactions: nophix

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts