What's the next thing you want to start doing?

Adrian

@YouMotorcycle Everywhere
Apr 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
www.youmotorcycle.com
I ride a
2006 Harley-Davidson V-Rod Night Rod
Last night I had an "I need to do that" moment when I was watching the end of an Itchy Boots video.
She puts her video in a picture in picture kind of layout, so she can have her end screen stuff not covering her video while she's wrapping up the video.

itchy boots end screen.PNG

In my end screens I'm constantly having to fit my videos/playlists/subscribe button around wherever my head is in the video. Need to come up with a template like this I can use!

What do you guy want to start doing as your next 'level-up'?

Adrian

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
www.youmotorcycle.com
I ride a
This is how one of my end screen currently looks. It's ugly. There's literally garbage in the frame lol

old end screen.PNG

So I came up with this as an end screen which I'm still not happy with, but I think it's better...

new end screen.jpg

Other than she's more attractive than I am, hers looks better, doesn't it?

What am I missing?

Reactions: Baldbiker

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
So far I have been leaving 10 seconds on after my close out, but I feel that means there is possibly 10 seconds where my audience is ending the video early and then not seeing my end cards. What you are trying, and she I guess is doing is an interesting way to hopefully keep the audience engaged a bit longer.

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
Yours is to busy with the picture. Look at hers, it's a very muted grey, other than her logo.

I'm.goimg to stop giving people to many choices. A simple one video layout and pick a similar vid to feature and say, if you liked this one, you will enjoy this video about....

I do a very basic end screen now. My theory is don't distract people. Make clicking on another video the option that stands out. The more you have going on, they less focused they will be on that next video or subscribe.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Adrian

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
www.youmotorcycle.com
I ride a
there is possibly 10 seconds where my audience is ending the video early and then not seeing my end cards
Yeah based on what I see in my analytics, as soon as I start to give the "That's it" speech the watch time starts to drop dead like birds falling out of the sky
interesting way to hopefully keep the audience engaged a bit longer
Yes and no. don't think I'll keep them any longer, but I think the average view duration will be better as they'll be able to look at the options, see all of what I'm doing, while i'm still wrapping up... hoping to give people more reason to watch right to the end instead of choosing between having them see me covered up, or not giving them end options at all, or not giving them end screen options until after the video which like you said, they probably won't see
Yours is to busy with the picture. Look at hers, it's a very muted grey, other than her logo.
I agree, I wanted to still keep mine a bit more moto related but... I might have to go her route.. I tried to clean it up in this new version... might still be too much though
The more you have going on, they less focused they will be on that next video or subscribe.
I'm just going to cover my ears and pretend I can't see you... looking at what I've created, it's very much a more is more mentality lol... Maybe you're right and I should remove another element or two...
I like that she puts arrows to suggest an interaction, which might help get one maybe?
Yup! I like the call to action, thought the "Still itchy" was cute. Tried my best to R&D (replicate and duplicate) something similar...

new end screen.jpg

Adrian

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
www.youmotorcycle.com
I ride a
lol!

Good enough! Wasn't really planning on wasting 2 hours on this but here we are.

Ended up getting rid of the call out to YouMotorcycle.com because I thought... when is the last time anyone has left YouTube to check out a website???

new end screen.jpg

What changes/plans do you guys have for your channels?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Nothing mega TBH, I probably should do a new trailer, although I took my old one off as the autoplay it used to do whenever I opened up my channel bugged me. I am tempted to make a new intro as mine is a bit old now, I still have the same bike, but it uses the older version of my logo.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
What changes/plans do you guys have for your channels?

I don't have any big changes planned for my channel, I mostly like how I'm doing things now. I change things up now and then with different "styles" of videos so that keeps it interesting for me from a creative point of view.

I might sit down before the summer and contemplate some new things I could do though.

Adrian

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
www.youmotorcycle.com
I ride a
Well, I fucked up my calculation estimation of where I could put one of the videos.... This ended up being the finished video... Going to have to make some adjustments.

Capture.PNG

Also, looking at this I'm now thinking I should have NO text in the top left because I just end up with text over text...
YouTube really putting a strain on my creativity here.

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
You gotta see these. Search "deepfake", there are lots of hilarious vids

You can do it on your PC. There are a bunch of phone apps that do the same.

Reactions: Adrian

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
@HippoDrone I have been thinking about updating my channel trailer video, for more than a year now. Still have not done it. Then again, I have not recorded any quite as spectacular shots either, over the past couple of years.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
With the technology now, I want to do a hot chick face swap on my vids and thumbnail. Yup.
What is this technology and where do I get it? Totally serious question. I want to do an A B test lol
A chap in Japan did just this, he had a channel with great technical content, but it got no traction, so he did the deepfake thing and turned himself into a young, pretty Japanese woman and made the same content, but weirdly got lots of traction and his/her channel got huge, I think he was outed and it all went a bit viral for a while, no idea if they are still making videos as either themselves or with the deepfake tech.

Reactions: GIZZ

Adrian

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto, Canada
www.youmotorcycle.com
I ride a
I believe it. There are a lot of subpar motovloggers who wouldn't have the following they have if they were guys. One literally shows sideboob and makes references to it all throughout her videos. It makes me respect the heck out of all the female motovloggers who don't play the girl card to grow their audience.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
It makes me respect the hell out of all motovloggers who struggle to get noticed yet keep going when channels like that do well... Don't get me wrong, I don't wish the sideboob channels to do badly, it is just a bit sad that so many people simp on them when their content is just sideboob.

Reactions: Adrian and Theodor

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
...it is just a bit sad that so many people simp on them when their content is just sideboob.
I mean they already do some kind of full nudity stuff on yt, as long as it is educational. Just wait and the sideboob thing will grow in to educating people on how to motovlog nude, or something o_O
edit: Or you could beat them to it.... :p

• Haha

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts