What Do You Like About Your Current Bike Compared To Your Old One?

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Good: Power, noise, looks.
Not as good: Gearbox

Reactions: Shifty

BbqRider

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2015
I ride a
Suzuki DR650
Old Ride: Suzuki GN250

New ride: Suzuki DR650

Good: Much, much, MUCH faster
Can go offroad

Cons: Heavy on the sauce

Viper1350

Wannabie Member
Jan 15, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
I ride a
Yamaha YZF-R6
Pre-previous: Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD
Previous: KTM Duke 390
Current: 2008 R6

Good: Damn sexy. Damn fast. Sounds awesome. Did I mention Sexy?
Bad: Thirsty. Uncomfortable for pillion. No space under rear seat for anything more than a fart

NJBIKELIFE

YouTube MotoVlogger @ NJBIKELIFE
Jul 6, 2016
I ride a
2010 Yamaha WR250R / 2005 Yamaha FZ6S
I have 2 current bikes, although I had 2 more prior and ill be honest they were all special in their own way. I can't sat one is better than the other

Ton

Rock n' Ride
Jul 7, 2016
I ride a
2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic
Previous bike was a 2006 SV1000S. Current is 2015 Ducati Scambler.

Good:
More familiar riding position.
easy to just hop on and romp around on
fun factor is high!
can take it off road a bit if I desire
have bags on it so I can carry things
termi pipe sounds great!

Bad:
Had to spend a lot to get it comfy and right for me (throttle tube, grips, seat, front sprocket, multi pegs)
Stock seat is the worst I have ever experienced
couple of bolts that are necessary to remove to get to your air filter stripped already
pipe is nice but doesn't scare old ladies, children and girly men like the SV did :)
Less power but really i'm ok with it, I think, for now, maybe....

TheDutchTexan

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2013
I ride a
bicycle...
The Honda 919 I bought was my first real bike. Back home I would ride my dad's XJ900. I actually rode it again whilst on vacation. Bolted cameras on it and ductaped my helmet cam on. I thought it was heavy back then, but now it felt a whole lot more comfortable. They are much different bikes, and the 919 is a lot faster than the touring bike the xj is. But, the xj is more comfortable because it's not a naked. Still... I love the sound and the gogo power of the 919. And the upright seating position is great too.

chix

Bike Chick
Oct 30, 2014
Texas
ridestandups.com
I ride a
2015 Grom
Since the time frame when I got bikes recently is a little strange I'll count these two

Previous bike BMW S1000rr
Current bike Grom (MSX125)

What do I like about the Grom compared to the S1k?
It's cheap, I don't care much about if it gets damaged, etc - yes I care, but way less so that the full fairinged superbike, way more fun since I can ride it to the edge and only be doing 70mph.

I love literbikes, but the Grom really makes motorcycling about having fun and not showing off whose dick is bigger.

Reactions: Captain

Winski357

Wannabie Member
Aug 31, 2015
I ride a
2005 Kawasaki ninja 250
2015 Honda Foreman 4x4
My last bike was a 2005 Kawi Ninja 250 that went through a ton of phases of modification. Its final form was like a naked bike/ streetfighter/ flat tracker kinda style haha. I loved riding it but i always knew I'd need something bigger for doing more 2up riding. Almost 2 years ago my Ninja died on the side of the road and then sat in my garage for over a year before i finally sold it (never ended up fixing it).

This spring i picked up a 2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50. My first cruiser. I did a ton of research over the last few years on what kind of bike I wanted next, and after looking at almost every model made since 1980 i settled on this one. Now that I've had it a few months, I can definitely say I made the right choice. I'll probably add another bike or two to the stable eventually but I think this one is here to stay. Very well balanced, nimble in the corners, and a lot of cornering clearance before hitting anything hard. I have yet to even scrape a peg and I've been trying lol

Marbro_za

Dan's princess
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
Yamaha fz6
Old bike : Fz6 n 2004 model
Cons,
Looks like Lurch after a night of drinking,
Too small for my fat ass
Clutch cable keeps braking for some unknown reason
Was neglected way too long and needs attention

Pro's
Old girl just wont die

New bike : KTM 990 Adventure 2010 model
Cons, Expensive
Pros
Loud
Sexy
Fast
Vibrates all my poo loose so i poop like 4 times a day now
can do mad sick wheelies and skids, Pity i dont know how though

NevRR

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2015
United Kingdom
I ride a
Honda CBR600RR
My old bike (1992 Kawasaki ZXR400) began to break down EVERY day, the alternator stopped working and after charging every night, I had 2 starts per day before the battery would die. My new bike (2012 Honda CBR600RR) works always like a dream, no problems, solid warranty, fast on the straights and round the corners and I love it!!

XeonGhos7

Rookie Rider
Sep 5, 2016
India
xeonghos7.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSX-150F
My old bike was a scooter Honda Activa. Current bike Suzuki GSX-150F

Hence I love everything about my current bike. However the gearbox is pretty clunky.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts