What Do You Do With Your Gear?!

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
So I got a motorcycle jacket with armor and yesterday I got myself one of those netted jackets with armor on it. Pretty decent stuff it seems. Definitely gonna be good for riding during summer. But my question is, what do you do with your gear off the bike? I usually commute to the downtown to hangout with friends/gf. I park the bike somewhere and walk around for the rest of the time i"m out there.

Anyway I could attach my armored jackets ot my bag or something? Or may be bikelock+helmet on the bike? Idk. Gimme your ideas

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Usually one carries all their junk around.. I mean riding gear.. Unless there's a locker service, or you have a backpack.. I'm not sure I just don't trust people and assume people will try to steal your gear if you leave it strapped to the bike.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I tend to spend a day on the bike and end up at home so hasn't really been an issue... The times I've not I have been able to put my stuff in the boot of a friends car :)

Reactions: RiderInRed

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Usually one carries all their junk around.. I mean riding gear.. Unless there's a locker service, or you have a backpack.. I'm not sure I just don't trust people and assume people will try to steal your gear if you leave it strapped to the bike.
I'm trying to figure out a way to hang my jacket or the armor over my backpack somehow as it won't fit in

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I'm trying to figure out a way to hang my jacket or the armor over my backpack somehow as it won't fit in
How about bringing along a clothes hanger and shoe laces to strap the hanger to your backpack and hang the jacket on the hanger. Shoe laces instead of zip-ties cause you have to remove the hanger later when riding.

BehindBars

bikes <3
Sep 14, 2016
Buckinghamshire, UK
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki ER-6F
I've got a backpack with a helmet strap which is pretty useful. I've looked into getting a helmet lock and leaving it on the bike but I don't trust that someone won't mess about with it, there's too many scrotebags in this area

Reactions: HippoDrone

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Advantage of having a scooter, I guess. I can store my full face helmet and gloves under my seat, or if I'm off somewhere and it's too hot or bothersome to wear my jacket, I'll store it under the seat, and put my helmet snd gloves in my top case. If that's being used I have two helmet security pegs under the seat too. I'll put my jacket and gloves there, and then secure my helmet by a D-ring on the peg and close/lock the seat. If I'm parked in a bad area I won't leave anything of value in the bike, but I try to avoid that if possible.

- Wuf

Reactions: HippoDrone

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
The only issue I have is carrying the helmet around. Probably gonna buy a backpack with a helmet holder soonish. There are some cheap ones on ebay.
Curious if there'd be a way to attach the helmet holder to the backpack. That's my main issue too. Can you give me a link for a backpack with a holder already?

How about bringing along a clothes hanger and shoe laces to strap the hanger to your backpack and hang the jacket on the hanger. Shoe laces instead of zip-ties cause you have to remove the hanger later when riding.
that might be a little more problematic really. I usually tend to multitask and focusing on a chain of things i gotta do is problematic (checking shoes laces, making sure phone is in the back, making sure helmet is properly tight, making sure the kickstand is up and all those things... i keep forgetting some stuff and then have to pull over, recheck... ugh...). I'd probably end up forgetting about the hanger than grabbing a branch on my way lol

I've got a backpack with a helmet strap which is pretty useful. I've looked into getting a helmet lock and leaving it on the bike but I don't trust that someone won't mess about with it, there's too many scrotebags in this area
Same, I've thought about strapping the helmet to the bike, but then again bunch of dirtbags could just mess around with it, at the very least pour some water inside/on it and make it a huge annoyance. I also got a BT comm they could just slide off of the helmet, so I'd have to remove the brain unit each time.

BehindBars

bikes <3
Sep 14, 2016
Buckinghamshire, UK
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki ER-6F
Curious if there'd be a way to attach the helmet holder to the backpack. That's my main issue too. Can you give me a link for a backpack with a holder already?

Same, I've thought about strapping the helmet to the bike, but then again bunch of dirtbags could just mess around with it, at the very least pour some water inside/on it and make it a huge annoyance. I also got a BT comm they could just slide off of the helmet, so I'd have to remove the brain unit each time.

This is the backpack I use, great for riding and has a helmet strap : http://www.ogio.co.uk/backpacks/moto-bike-backpacks/ogio-no-drag-mach-5-backpack-stealth.html

Exactly, it could get knocked around, scratched, visor stolen, and I've always got my Sena attached

Reactions: RiderInRed

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
This is the backpack I use, great for riding and has a helmet strap : http://www.ogio.co.uk/backpacks/moto-bike-backpacks/ogio-no-drag-mach-5-backpack-stealth.html

Exactly, it could get knocked around, scratched, visor stolen, and I've always got my Sena attached
oh so it just dangles on the side while strapped to your backpack? I've always wanted to try out ogio but I couldn't find one locally. I went with a different backpack that also doubles as a MBP 15" bag. It does have a place to add some straps. may be i could actually do this helmet strap on that?

BehindBars

bikes <3
Sep 14, 2016
Buckinghamshire, UK
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki ER-6F
oh so it just dangles on the side while strapped to your backpack? I've always wanted to try out ogio but I couldn't find one locally. I went with a different backpack that also doubles as a MBP 15" bag. It does have a place to add some straps. may be i could actually do this helmet strap on that?

Yea, you have to be mindful of where it's hanging when going through doors etc but it works and keeps your hands free. Plus the bag itself is great at high speed, definitely lives up to the 'no drag' name.

You could probably make your own strap. Decent strong webbing strap and a secure quick release buckle, job done

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Yea, you have to be mindful of where it's hanging when going through doors etc but it works and keeps your hands free. Plus the bag itself is great at high speed, definitely lives up to the 'no drag' name.

You could probably make your own strap. Decent strong webbing strap and a secure quick release buckle, job done
gonna try and figure out something like that. Might be a good idea to help me free up a hand when walking in the downtown

moto anzac

Slim
May 29, 2017
Turkey, Izmir
www.motoanzac.tv
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom (VN900C) 16'
You need a solid clothes hanger. You can attach your gloves, jacket etc. all to it. When you carry it, it's just like carrying a jacket over your shoulder. Not to mention when you sit down at a café, there's always a place to hang it.

Regarding the helmet,
Carrying your helmet around is not a burden, it's a privilege! :)

moto anzac

Slim
May 29, 2017
Turkey, Izmir
www.motoanzac.tv
I ride a
Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom (VN900C) 16'
And if you like, I find it looks kind of cool. I attach my gloves to the 'belt' path thingys on my jeans. You know where you put your belt through... I don't know what it's called lol. I just strap them there, both on one side looks good, carrying is obviously dead easy lol.

ShiftHer

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2015
Chicago area
shifther.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ-07
I always carry my helmet with me. Damn thing was too expensive to leave unattended somewhere. Jacket and pants I will either take with me, or if I'm going to be walking around and area feels safe enough, I will use a cable bicycle lock and run it through my pant leg and jacket arm and through the fork or handlebar and leave it on the bike. If you're meeting friends someplace and they drove there, you can ask them to lock your stuff up in the car while you guys walk around/do whatever.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts