What Bike Should I Get?

VaVaBroom

Wannabie Member
Aug 31, 2017
London
I ride a
Yamaha YBR125 Custom
Hi everyone,

Last week I passed my DAS - Category A, with only one minor :)

I'm looking to 100% get my first big bike early January 2018 (5 weeks away), so doing the research now. My budget is limited to around £2000, until I save up for something better next summer. Also the main issue is as I'm 6ft'3 so I would need something to fit me as I had upper leg cramp issues with the Suzuki Gladius and SV650 2017 during training.

So far I really like the look of the Suzuki GSX650F as it looks comfortable. I've seen great condition ones from around 2008-2010 with low millage, going for around my budget.

I was also thinking about
Kawasaki ER6N or 6f, Suzuki Bandit's or Yamaha FZ6 600.

Anymore suggestions or help I'd appreciate.
Thanks

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
what about the Triumph Street Triple 675? Am not sure if they would be in that price range though. The ER6 is supposed to be a great bike although I've not ridden one a friend has had 2. I have heard that the engines can be a little fragile on them although that could be down to the owners rather than the bike.

Theodor

Wannabie Member
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I did my licence on Kawasaki ER6N, great bike, light and maneuvers very well. I managed to do the figure 8 in a box, meant for 125cc bike. Definitely should try it out, if the seating position suits you. I generally do not like sportbikes, but that was rather comfortable to ride on, for 45 min straight.

VaVaBroom

Wannabie Member
Aug 31, 2017
London
I ride a
Yamaha YBR125 Custom
what about the Triumph Street Triple 675? Am not sure if they would be in that price range though. The ER6 is supposed to be a great bike although I've not ridden one a friend has had 2. I have heard that the engines can be a little fragile on them although that could be down to the owners rather than the bike.
You've got to be spending £3000 minimum for a Triumph Street Triple 675 for something decent. Plus it's a thief magnet in London so not for me lol. Cheers though.

VaVaBroom

Wannabie Member
Aug 31, 2017
London
I ride a
Yamaha YBR125 Custom
I did my licence on Kawasaki ER6N, great bike, light and maneuvers very well. I managed to do the figure 8 in a box, meant for 125cc bike. Definitely should try it out, if the seating position suits you. I generally do not like sportbikes, but that was rather comfortable to ride on, for 45 min straight.
I heard the ER6N is the smaller side, but I ain't going to knock it until I try it. Thanks.