What’s your dream bike?

KrustyBoot

Become one with the Krustyness
Jun 8, 2020
East Anglia, UK.
I ride a
All the shit bikes! :)
My dream bike changes faster than the weather and it always depends on what kind of riding I'm doing at that moment. Right now I'd quite like to go for a spin on the 125cc I've been building as a project! There is something unshakeably fun and light hearted about smaller cc bikes. My dream bike is simply dirt cheap and different from the last thing I rode. That said I would quite like a Supermoto...

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
My dream bike doesnt exists. I'd have to build it, which I'm tempted to do!

It would basically be a full fairing, shaft driven triple RS. So a new modern Sprint ST. It would have an LCD screen, Cruise, heated everything, driver tech such as cornering ABS, Built in phone control and Nav. Removable luggage with a clean look when its off (no racks) and full touring luggage capabilities when luggage is on. Built in lighting and power into the luggage.

Its the bike that Triumph would make, if Adventure Touring bikes hadn't taken over the Sports Touring market.

Unsure if the 1200 Tiger engine, or 1050 Speed Triple RS engine would be best. Not like I will do it anytime soon - but it is a niggle at the back of my mind which I might need to scratch at some point! Would be a fun project.

• Love

KrustyBoot

Become one with the Krustyness
Jun 8, 2020
East Anglia, UK.
I ride a
All the shit bikes! :)

It would basically be a full fairing, shaft driven triple RS. So a new modern Sprint ST. It would have an LCD screen, Cruise, heated everything, driver tech such as cornering ABS, Built in phone control and Nav. Removable luggage with a clean look when its off (no racks) and full touring luggage capabilities when luggage is on. Built in lighting and power into the luggage.

Its the bike that Triumph would make, if Adventure Touring bikes hadn't taken over the Sports Touring market.

Unsure if the 1200 Tiger engine, or 1050 Speed Triple RS engine would be best. Not like I will do it anytime soon - but it is a niggle at the back of my mind which I might need to scratch at some point! Would be a fun project.

It sounds like you'd be 90% of the way there if you started with a Triumph Trophy... Just saying! :p

• Haha
Reactions: City Bob

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
I'd struggle to choose just one bike - the Blackbird remains a long term favourite, but it doesn't do everything I want hence also having a naked and a custom in the garage.

The only thing I really want that I haven't got at the moment is an ADV bike, but I think I'd get bored riding one on anything other than a mixed tarmac and dirt tour.

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400

It would basically be a full fairing, shaft driven

It would have an LCD screen, Cruise, heated everything, driver tech such as cornering ABS, Built in phone control and Nav.

Removable luggage with a clean look when its off

Built in lighting and power

I think you want a car....

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Goldwing... closest to a car you can get on 2 wheels, and nearly weighs as much :p ;) :D

But then thats not a Sports Tourer, is it? :D

I basically want a 2020 Sprint St. Would have to be a Sports Tourer. Something thats a Sports bike, but comfortable with all the tech and gadge. Most certainly not a car nor a Goldwing.

Reactions: motosera

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
But then thats not a Sports Tourer, is it? :D

The new Goldwing is borderline between touring and sport touring. Yeah basically the new Wing sounds nearly exactly what you want!

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
The new Goldwing is borderline between touring and sport touring. Yeah basically the new Wing sounds nearly exactly what you want!

Personally, disagree. It's a lot more touring bias and a lot less sport look.

It doesn't tick the emotional box and bike purchases tend to be emotional purchases and not logical ones.

Goldwing is a pass.

Although, I'd have a Rocket 3 GT if I had £20k!

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I'd have a Z1400 if i wanted a new sport tourer. But the bird can't be beat for the price. Honda are missing a trick by not replacing the bird in the line up.

ooff that Z1400 is some bike. What a beast. I agree, Sera, Both Honda and Triumph miss a trick IMO Honda not replacing the Blackbird and Triumph not having a 2020 Sprint ST!

Reactions: motosera

AlanSmith7

Wannabie Member
Aug 17, 2020
I ride a
Suzuki Hayabusa
Harley Davidson Dyna Fatbob
Harley-Davidson Street Glide is a dream motorcycle in cruiser choice.
Suzuki Hayabusa is a dream motorcycle in Sportsbike choice.

MMVNJ

Wannabie Member
Jul 28, 2020
I ride a
Indian Scout

It doesn't tick the emotional box and bike purchases tend to be emotional purchases and not logical ones.

Goldwing is a pass.

Although, I'd have a Rocket 3 GT if I had £20k!

Maybe the BMW K1600B is more suited to you? I like them, but can't imagine what maintenance costs would be, plus the nearest dealer is about an hour away.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a

Oh, well yes the Goldwing does not LOOK like a sport tourer. It just rides like one! But yeah if that look is important to you then I guess not.

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Oh, well yes the Goldwing does not LOOK like a sport tourer. It just rides like one! But yeah if that look is important to you then I guess not.

A motorcycle purchase tends to be an emotional one. Looks aren't everything, but they do play a part for me along with many other bits that make up the equation. Nothing wrong with that. Im starting to feel like I have to defend my desire to want to build myself a custom bike, bit strange :p:D

• Haha

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
My brother and I used to dream about building our own custom bike. We had sketches and blueprints and everything. It was going to be expensive though and take a TON of work, and it was much more affordable and easier to simply buy a new bike.

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
My brother and I used to dream about building our own custom bike. We had sketches and blueprints and everything. It was going to be expensive though and take a TON of work, and it was much more affordable and easier to simply buy a new bike.

Of course. Fully aware the work that would be required, especially from how much its taking to rebuild my '73 mini pickup.

Remember - this thread is "Dream bike" well My dream would be to actually build myself one. To my personal requirements that ticks my box.

Not sure why I feel the need to defend myself :p:D - my dream bike would be one that I build to my specific spec. Let's move on

Last edited:

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts