Not open for further replies.

ParisianZee

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Paris, France
www.parisianzee.com
I ride a
2011 BMW F800-R
Don't know man. My views have always been shit so I can't tell.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if views did get down in the summer. People are often in vacations, or simply out riding. Watching motovlogs is something I mostly do when I'm either at work or as a relaxing thing after arriving home from a day of hard work. Either way, I watch less vlogs when I'm in vacations.

Sphynx

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Rochester, Kent
www.sphynx.co.uk
I ride a
CBF600SA-8
Yeah mine as well, but do take into account that there is a view recording issue at present. It's mainly in the past (in the main, about two weeks ago) but is still having knock on effects - Yahoo are currently changing the algorithms used to record views.

While views are not increasing at the correct rate, they are supposedly still being recorded but not shown on videos. Don't be too surprised if (when / if they get it sorted) your view counts jump a little in one go. My AdSense counter is showing several hundred views over the last two days, yet that is not begin reflected in my per-video view counts.

LifeInDecibel

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda VFR
Sphynx said:
Yeah mine as well, but do take into account that there is a view recording issue at present. It's mainly in the past (in the main, about two weeks ago) but is still having knock on effects - Yahoo are currently changing the algorithms used to record views.

While views are not increasing at the correct rate, they are supposedly still being recorded but not shown on videos. Don't be too surprised if (when / if they get it sorted) your view counts jump a little in one go. My AdSense counter is showing several hundred views over the last two days, yet that is not begin reflected in my per-video view counts.

Thank you for the info, much appreciated. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dxeavy

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Greece
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha V-Star 1100 and a Kawasaki Z750
ParisianZee said:
People are often in vacations, or simply out riding.

I agree with this. People watch less videos during the summer because the weather is nice and they are out riding and such. My videos suck in general so my views are always down on average :lol:

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
I havent noticed mine decreasing, but my subs recently are increasing so that makes sense i guess. I hardly watch any vlogs over the summer, but as soon as it's winter and the bike gets stuck in the garage I watch loads, and catch up on vloggers videos from over the summer.

LifeInDecibel

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda VFR
Chessecake94 said:
I havent noticed mine decreasing, but my subs recently are increasing so that makes sense i guess. I hardly watch any vlogs over the summer, but as soon as it's winter and the bike gets stuck in the garage I watch loads, and catch up on vloggers videos from over the summer.

I also noticed that my subs have been going up and I thought it was weird that more people were subbing, but watching less...

BrianWest58

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST1050, KX250 and various other instruments of two wheeled death.
Had to look. Funny that it seemed my channel views went up a lot but wasn't surprised at the lower vid views. To me, IMHO, the better the camera equals better footage and consequently more views regardless of topic. (Sobbing) I want a Drift....
Anyway, I watch them all :cool:

LifeInDecibel

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda VFR
BrianWest58 said:
Had to look. Funny that it seemed my channel views went up a lot but wasn't surprised at the lower vid views. To me, IMHO, the better the camera equals better footage and consequently more views regardless of topic. (Sobbing) I want a Drift....

I recently upgraded my camera too lol.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
I think my subs are going up at a higher rate than usual because of it being the school holidays here. Most of my topic are around get your first bike passing your cbt, theory ect so (getting technical now) my target audience is probably around 15-20. So there not at school or college and have more time to watch my video's. Either that my videos are getting really amazing all of a sudden.

Rebelyell91

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I ride a
n/a right now
For me my views decrease when school/college starts up and increase in the summer when people are on YouTube more (I assume). It's quite interesting though. For me, this trend has been occurring for the past 2-3 years.

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
Re: Re: Views die in the summer?

BrianWest58 said:
To me, IMHO, the better the camera equals better footage and consequently more views regardless of topic. (Sobbing) I want a Drift....
+1 I agree completely

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
When I ran out of Topics today, i started to talk about this...... It didnt go to plan.......... we join it in the middle of the attempted vlog

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVtOTbsd_mk[/youtube]

extreme601

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
2011 Tiger 800
Yup, I definitely get severely decreased views in the summer. Hang in there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts