Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I love my Aprilia Tuareg 660 and like to take it on the trails, which is the main reason I got the bike. I had a set of MotoZ Tractionator Adventure tires fitted to the bike from new, which lasted almost 5000 miles, I then switched to the MotoZ RallZ tyres which were also great in the sloppy mud (but not as good as the Adventures), neither tyre were great on tarmac, but it was a compromise I was prepared to accept for such a capable and good mileage tire. Had that been that, I would have stuck with them, but I just couldn't trust the front not to deflate on me as it refused to seal on the rim and constantly lost pressure. I have heard this happening to others on various bikes, so felt justified in my frustration and have now switched to a Metzeler Karoo 4 on the front, I'll put a matching rear on once the current tyre wears a bit lower. So far it seems to be happily holding pressure, so I can trust it on a multi-day ride, and on the tarmac it has transformed the Tuareg, so much more confidence in the wet and dry. It is still noisy, but I can cope with that from a knobbly tire. I still need to test it out on the trails, but from what I have heard from others, I'll not be disappointed even if it is not quite as full on as the MotoZ tires.
Please let me know if you have tried the Karoos in the mud and how you got on with them, mileage etc. And please let me know in the comments if you have had a similar issue to me with the MotoZ tyres?

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Had to google what's bacon butty. Google kindly said: "Bacon butties are not gourmet fare by any means."
But.. but... from the video I definitely got the impression I should want one.... :oops:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hahaha... they are proper simple but honest food when in the form I received. We have another biker cafe I go to regularly, they seem to think we all want brioche buns... but nope, we want white bread, bacon and ketchup! :p

Reactions: Theodor

Slorida

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2023
Oldham
I ride a
Honda CBR500R, Honda NC750S and Triumph Sprint ST1050.
Had to google what's bacon butty. Google kindly said: "Bacon butties are not gourmet fare by any means."
But.. but... from the video I definitely got the impression I should want one.... :oops:
A butty is like a sandwich, but made from some form of bread roll (bun, barm, bap, muffin (not the cake), or other regional variation, but not brioche and definitely not bagels....). Personally I'd put some pork sausages and a fried egg in with the bacon, seems like a waste otherwise....

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Perfect reading when last meal was 22h ago :D
I'll breathe in my todays supper, after this.

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
A butty is like a sandwich, but made from some form of bread roll (bun, barm, bap, muffin (not the cake), or other regional variation, but not brioche and definitely not bagels....). Personally I'd put some pork sausages and a fried egg in with the bacon, seems like a waste otherwise....
I have to disagree... a butty is only a sarnie/sandwich. It'd be a bacon bap if it was in a roll or bun or any of those other weird choices of bread! :D

Reactions: Theodor

Slorida

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2023
Oldham
I ride a
Honda CBR500R, Honda NC750S and Triumph Sprint ST1050.
I have to disagree... a butty is only a sarnie/sandwich. It'd be a bacon bap if it was in a roll or bun or any of those other weird choices of bread! :D
Maybe in the south yeah, in the north it gets all very weird. Barms are buns or baps, baps are boobs, and buns are muffins.... or 'bottom cheeks'.... depends how the conversation is going.....

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts