Close Sidebar
Dismiss Notice
We have a few hidden forums and features that you can't see until you login or sign up. We only send about 4 emails a year and never sell anything. We're a global community for bikers who like to record videos. We run this site for fun

To Eat Or Not To Eat - 'tis The Question.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by R-Rated, Dec 4, 2017.

?

Should footage of riders eating be in a motovlog?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2017.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. R-Rated

R-Rated United States Have Fun!

United States
    I hope this is the right place to seek out this input from the forum. So here is my issue, I have not felt comfortable filming folks when they eat. One group I ride with love to ride to eat!

I normally leave out the food part. However, with next year being another year filming this crew, I feel the ride footage is all starting to look the same. That is what lead me to rethink the food thing but wanted to get your thoughts.

Would you, as a viewer, really care to see food?

I got some other ideas too.

2. MIcruiser

MIcruiser United States SW Michigan motovlogger

United States
    Record the food and restaurant, just not the actual eating part. Show the atmosphere of the place, just not the primal stuff.

R-Rated likes this.
  3. LoneWolfer

LoneWolfer United States Lone Wolfer Garage

United States
    Especially don't include people talking with their mouths full or chewing with their mouths open. God I hate that and its becoming too common in vlogs, podcasts, TV shows and movies. But definitely show the place. The actual eating part is not something I want to see unless you're getting some over the top reactions to how the food tastes. If its just eating and bullshitting, that is not entertaining to me.

R-Rated likes this.
  4. burlyjack

burlyjack United States The bearded dude with a cool YouTube

United States
    I second LoneWolfer, showing the restaurant and the group inside would be good. However I can see where people would dislike seeing people eating.

Personally it doesn't bother me. I'd like to see how the food is plated or how it comes out. I'd also like to see people's reactions to the food.

R-Rated likes this.
  5. HippoDrone

HippoDrone United Kingdom Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

United Kingdom
    Show the atmosphere and banter maybe and the food being enjoyed, am not sure if stuffing faces would flatter all the faces though. It is difficult to know where the line is. I have no problem showing me eating but would feel uncomfortable filming folk eating without each person's permission

R-Rated likes this.
  6. Theodor

Theodor Estonia Wannabie Member

Estonia
    I have recorded myself eating, couple of times, during a trip, but I ended up not using the footage, as I felt it did not add anything to the montage.
    I would say, mostly no, but maybe. Better record and end up not using the footage, than think, this is what is missing from a great video.

R-Rated and HippoDrone like this.
  7. scooterwuf

scooterwuf United States Wannabie Member

United States
    The conversation while eating would be more interesting Than the eating part. The exception would be if the video is about going to a famous place to try a specific dish.

- Wuf

Theodor and R-Rated like this.
Tags: