Tips on how to remove audio clicks please

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
hey, I find some of my videos have clicks and knocks in them where the camera case taps on stuff of what have you. Does anyone have any tips on how to easily remove them without cutting the video too?

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I've had to edit out bad sounds/language a few times. Not sure if there is an easier way but I split the vid before and after the noise event, then lower the volume of the section in the middle.

Theodor

Wannabie Member
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
External mic could sort it. If itself does not hit anything, it will not pick up those knocks (at least not that loud). Otherwise you can't avoid recording that, because hitting something generates sound, and microphones only job is to capture sounds.
Once the clicks are already recorded, you will need to either cut them out, or manage to create a very similar sound, and invert it, to try to remove the clicks with that, in a good audio editor. But that one is a lot of work.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonwolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster
If you're riding the Guzzi, you should slap Droid noises over the clicks and knocks.

More seriously, if it isn't during dialogue, then cut the audio out, cut in and out two seconds of audio before the empty space, clone that two seconds and fit it below the empty space and trim accordingly to fit in the empty space in the audio channel on the timeline. If its during dialogue, go with the Droid noises.

WingManGT

Wannabie Member
Jan 16, 2017
Varna, Bulgaria
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r
clone that two seconds and fit it below the empty space and trim accordingly to fit in the empty space in the audio channel on the timeline. If its during dialogue, go with the Droid noises.
Alternatively, I just reduce the section volume by 6-12db :), just enough so it won't be annoying.

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
not got that, guessing it is a product you have to pay for?
not got that, guessing it is a product you have to pay for?
Yes, it costs, there are other freeware you can use like audacity.

I´d preffer to eliminate the source of the clicking noise instead of correcting it during the editing process

Top Posters Past 30 days

Latest posts

Winners Video