Tilted GoPro Hero 7 Footage

thelensman

Vlogger in spirit
Oct 3, 2021
www.thelensmanin.me
I ride a
Royal Enfield Himalayan

The footage you see is what the camera is seeing facing away from the helmet. I posted the mount to show you how much I have tried to compensate by tilting the camera in the other direction.

thelensman

Vlogger in spirit
Oct 3, 2021
www.thelensmanin.me
I ride a
Royal Enfield Himalayan
The GoPro seems to function ok with a selfie stick. So decided to try one last time with a third mount system.

I don't like this since the double tape is only on one side but the advantage is it has multiple elbows to allign it properly.

20211005_234216.jpg

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500

The footage you see is what the camera is seeing facing away from the helmet. I posted the mount to show you how much I have tried to compensate by tilting the camera in the other direction.
But the camera was tilted the same side, as the footage...

Reactions: HippoDrone

Skipshift

Perpetual Rookie
Aug 23, 2021
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 gsxr 600
I guess I am missing something there also. The right side of the camera (looking out through the helmet) would be low. The right side of the footage is also low. Unless I'm mirroring something.
I uh.. I dunno..o_O

Either way, using the app to show what the camera is seeing will help you get it leveled out.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Your camera mount is the wrong way around in that last pic. Am not sure why you just didn't straighten the camera in the original setup? And if it was wonky then, you should tilt it the other way, not the way you have done so.

Reactions: Drakhen99

thelensman

Vlogger in spirit
Oct 3, 2021
www.thelensmanin.me
I ride a
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Your camera mount is the wrong way around in that last pic. Am not sure why you just didn't straighten the camera in the original setup? And if it was wonky then, you should tilt it the other way, not the way you have done so.
My brain must be tilted. My mstake. Just tried my phone the same way....

Thank you for insisting on the error guys.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
It is amazing though, how easy it is to confuse some people (say me), when they have to think in 3d space, in opposing directions. I looked at the images and figured, the camera is tilted so it is consistent with how the image is tilted. Then @thelensman said, no it is to the opposite side, and just like that, I had hard time seeing what I saw before, and I was kind of convinced he was right...

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
It is amazing though, how easy it is to confuse some people (say me), when they have to think in 3d space, in opposing directions. I looked at the images and figured, the camera is tilted so it is consistent with how the image is tilted. Then @thelensman said, no it is to the opposite side, and just like that, I had hard time seeing what I saw before, and I was kind of convinced he was right...

You're not alone! I shot the same outro 5 times, for a video a year ago. I just couldn't get in my head which direction I needed to point to be pointing to the corner where YT puts info cards.

-John

Reactions: thelensman

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts