This is off topic but anyone please chip in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodhay

Wannabie Member
Oct 18, 2011
Saskatchatoon Canadia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Cb750cc Drz400s
So let me get this straight, i just spend about 50 min looking at the new motorcycle GDL program (I haven no problem with the idea of a GDL but this one i do) so now it takes 36 months to get a full M, all they did was drag out the time required and removed the 100km distance restriction YAY!!, and in goes some other stuff that well most new riders wouldn't care about. Like driving with a side car- MEH. But here is the kicker according the the stats it has reduced accidents by 18% even though it was only in effect for about 2 months maybe. Essentially what this means is your now safer buying say a ZX10r as your first bike and tripling SGI's profits by taking the road test 4 times? 3 times? (doesn't matter its bullocks) and this will make you a better rider even though no training course is mandatory through out the duration of these 36 months........(can you see how this new GDL is really making it safer.) BUT if you did it the old way and bought a ZX10r right after your learners say in 2009 and took your road test in 2010 pass or fail, the accident rate was 18% higher. Since the only real annoying restriction is the no night riding for the first 24 months after which point your should magically be able to ride at night perfectly with no taught experience. After the 36 months and when you have passed your road test you can also magically ride 3 wheeled motorcycles and ones with side cars etc and at night! (Not sure if you can ride out of province or country since there is no distance restriction a bit of information hard to find on any website) Also 0 alcohol level, but i would punch any fool dumb enough to hop on a bike inebriated. Im just not seeing the point of this new GDL, it doesn't seem to force new riders to make any knowledgeable choices before they pick up a bike and ride. The only reason the rate has gone down is because the safety courses (not mandatory mind you) are fully booked with smart people who WANT to properly learn how to ride a bike. Its just oh so annoying and frustrating from my situation. (RANT DONE) looking back now i wouldn't even bother to read this but its typed out now and i have let some steam off so HA.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is the new SK graduated licence program that is supposed to drop accident rates and apparently has by 18%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts