Things I do When Not Riding

Land Shark

Engorged Member
I made these using Blender 3D just before my hospital stay... I've been goofing with learning how to use Blender since the 2020 lockdowns. Lots of tutorials from youtube, and countless hours of trial & error experimenting...
It took a while to learn how to make 3D volumetric clouds. The airplane was time consuming, but relatively easy, although I do have to add the insignias and markers to the paint job, and some details to the interior. All control surfaces, landing gear, hatches, propellers, and guns move.
B-24 Liberator from WW2.

B-24 Liberator test.jpg

B-24 Liberator test2.jpg

B-24 Liberator test3.jpg

B-24 Liberator test4.jpg

B-24 Liberator test5.jpg

B-24 Liberator test6.jpg

B-24 Liberator test7.jpg

B-24 Liberator test8.jpg

That is awesome, love the clouds. A friend of mine started using Blender around the same time as you, he has been designing Warhammer 40k type figures and got really good. Sadly he went in to hospital with some pretty serious stuff, so I don't know if he will be able to pick it up again when he is out. I hope he can though.

That is awesome, love the clouds. A friend of mine started using Blender around the same time as you, he has been designing Warhammer 40k type figures and got really good. Sadly he went in to hospital with some pretty serious stuff, so I don't know if he will be able to pick it up again when he is out. I hope he can though.
I hope he can, too. It would be a shame to get so far and have to give it up. I've only just started to work on humanoid figures, and it's difficult.
I wasn't able to do anything with Blender for about 8-months, and I've forgotten so much. It's almost like starting over at this point.

I keep telling myself I'll learn to do some 3D rendering and printing, but I just don't seem to have the time to do it. One day.....

I keep thinking about learning Blender. I used to do quite a bit with 3D Studio many years ago. I never seem to get past the fact that there are 50,000 keys to remember though. I've been playing with Blockbench recently. Not even in the same ball park for power but good fun and easy to push the models into Godot. Then FreeCAD for 3D models for printing.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts

Back