The best part of a motorcycle is the weird places you can park for pics.

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Did a little jaunt today, and got some cool pics. I love dams and waterfalls, so this was a must. Guy in the VW sitting in the parking lot was giving me a side eye... But he'll get over it.
161817461_194731745759378_1572090202933427172_o.jpg

Reactions: SighBored

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
LOL, way back in the day, my buddy and I each had a scooter [no nuts-to-butts riding, y'all!]. We took two female friends to the movies. The girls parked a 5m walk from the front door, so they hopped on the back of our 50cc scooters and rode up to the front door with us. We rode up onto the sidewalk and parked... only to be approached by a cop who said we had to park in a spot. So, we found a spot, where immediately, ANOTHER cop walks up and says we can't park our scooters there. WTF.

We ended up chaining the scooters together right there in the parking spot and going into the movies - no tickets were issued.

This was back in the day in our area, before scooters became a "thing". Lots of shenanigans were done, and I even got pulled over 6 times in 1 year for whatever the cops didn't understand. Long story longer, I ended up getting a copy of the laws, printing them out, and putting them in a waterproof bag under my seat... only to not ever be pulled over again.

My Harley takes up about half a parking space [no, it's not a trike] as it is, so I don't generally park it just anywhere, but I have been known to avoid traffic congestion by riding on the shoulder on my KZ [it's narrow enough].

-John

Reactions: LandyVlad

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I know all too well the joys of scooter parking. I was once approached by a guy when I parked my bike in a lot at a Greek festival. The guy asked if I could park my bike on the side white bar area so he could park his car in my spot instead. I told him I’d risk getting a ticket, or worse and I had every right to park with a licensed motor vehicle. He didn’t argue, and just walked away.

I’m not a fan of being treated as a second class citizen.

- Wolf

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Moto Photos! 8