The aftermath of Mine and Footle's crash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
Street Triple 'R' - 2010 Matt Orange
As others have said - glad you're ok!

Question though - do you think if you had a bike with ABS that you'd have been able to stop in time without sliding? I don't have ABS and wonder whether bikes having it would prevent something like this.

Cheers,
Yarek.

Footle83

Wannabie Member
Mar 30, 2012
Liphook, Hampshire
www.footlevision.weebly.com
I ride a
2011 Yamaha YZF R125 Blue/BLA 6/11 - 8/12
2007 Suzuki SV 650S Custom paint 10/12 - Present
1994 CB500 "The Medic" Woodland Camo (Custom) 12/12 - Present
Yarek said:

Question though - do you think if you had a bike with ABS that you'd have been able to stop in time without sliding? I don't have ABS and wonder whether bikes having it would prevent something like this.

Cheers,
Yarek.

Specifically what I was thinking....The cbf 600 has abs so I may be looking into it. Saw the footage for the first time myself last night and my bike only went down after being hit by LDB's :/ ABS may be an idea, I have gone down due to wet surfaces and this may have prevented the high sides I had back in my early days. Unfortunately these things happen and there is very little that can be done about it. A crash is a combination of bad events which individually may be have been avoidable, but all together? well this thread shows the answer to that.

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
Footle83 said:
Yarek said:

Cheers,
Yarek.
bike only went down after being hit by LDB's :/

I thought that was the case, we tried to watch back the footage on Leedriders laptop whilst in Shrewsbury but It was difficult to see.

mrtommygunwhite

Wannabie Member
Jun 7, 2012
lancashire
I ride a
a (dead atm) yammaha yzf r125 2012 anniversary
Unlucky i'm rebulding mine as a streetfighter would be awesome to have some street fighter brotherin chat to me on twitter if your interested you could if your lucky for 200 quid

Footle83

Wannabie Member
Mar 30, 2012
Liphook, Hampshire
www.footlevision.weebly.com
I ride a
2011 Yamaha YZF R125 Blue/BLA 6/11 - 8/12
2007 Suzuki SV 650S Custom paint 10/12 - Present
1994 CB500 "The Medic" Woodland Camo (Custom) 12/12 - Present
mrtommygunwhite said:
Unlucky i'm rebulding mine as a streetfighter would be awesome to have some street fighter brotherin chat to me on twitter if your interested you could if your lucky for 200 quid

I'm afraid not mate, frame at the front is clearly dented :/ Write off so i'm doing my test and buying a bigger bike, which one I am yet to decide.

mrtommygunwhite

Wannabie Member
Jun 7, 2012
lancashire
I ride a
Footle83 said:
mrtommygunwhite said:

I'm afraid not mate, frame at the front is clearly dented :/ Write off so i'm doing my test and buying a bigger bike, which one I am yet to decide.
If your scraping mate your probly better off selling the parts not the bike and i need some parts if you are thinking of selling the bits let me know i need front forks ignition barrel seat and lock and fuel tank name a price for all of them and i might give you some money for your big bike fund.

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
mrtommygunwhite said:
Footle83 said:
mrtommygunwhite said:

If your scraping mate your probly better off selling the parts not the bike and i need some parts if you are thinking of selling the bits let me know i need front forks ignition barrel seat and lock and fuel tank name a price for all of them and i might give you some money for your big bike fund.

that list is pretty much a list of all that got fucked, sorry mate

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
Mikesmotorbike said:
mrtommygunwhite said:

that list is pretty much a list of all that got fucked, sorry mate[/quote]

Yeh wasnt a lot left off the front end unfortunatally, just shards of plastic and twisted metal :/

mrtommygunwhite

Wannabie Member
Jun 7, 2012
lancashire
I ride a
sstimmyy said:
Mikesmotorbike said:
mrtommygunwhite said:

that list is pretty much a list of all that got fucked, sorry mate

Yeh wasnt a lot left off the front end unfortunatally, just shards of plastic and twisted metal :/[/quote]
Oh well hope you can salvage somthing.

TheBikerVLogger

Wannabie Member
May 24, 2012
Aldershot, Hampshire
I ride a
Suzuki SV650s
I've only just heard about this.

I'm sorry to hear about the off. But glad it hadn't put you both off biking. Any accident that you can walk away from is better than it could have been.

Take care,

Wayne

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
I'll upload it pretty soon, though Footle has it on his channel too

DRfURYOS

Wannabie Member
Sep 16, 2012
I ride a
2011 Suzuki DR650
The video people are referencing is...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXxYS22HGhQ[/youtube]

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
DRfURYOS said:

No, it's not? They're after the video of the crash the thread is about, not the one Ricecake made :)

mrtommygunwhite

Wannabie Member
Jun 7, 2012
lancashire
I ride a
CurlyBlakey said:
DRfURYOS said:

No, it's not? They're after the video of the crash the thread is about, not the one Ricecake made :)
you want this thread

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
black-rider said:
Found the vid i dont know how to get a thumbnail up so here is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc081irS4TQ&feature=plcp

All the best.

Simon

Click the button in the in the Full Editor that says "youtube" post the link inside it. It'll look like this. [youtube]you put the link here[/youtube]

You'll also need to get rid of the "&feature=plcp" part of the link. So its like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc081irS4TQ

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc081irS4TQ[/youtube]

Scottishrider2011

Wannabie Member
Nov 24, 2011
I ride a
Honda CBR600F
Christ... Just watched your video mate, thats gutwrenching. I'm glad you're all alive and safe and hope you recovery is a speedy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts