Status
Not open for further replies.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
On the way home from my Grandparents, Yes in the cage unfortunatly, the outside lane & hard shoulder was non existant on the M60 eariler & traffic was going about 40mph so I had plenty of time to look around.

The picture below is basicly a hill leading to a M/way with a small fence seperating it, people usually walk their dogs across the top due to it being a walk way but what I saw today was rather shocking.

Parents where letting their kids go down this hill on Sledges on their own & there was about 10-15 kids stood at the bottom fairly close to this fencewalking back up the hill.

Irresponsible?

Excuse the dodgy paint skills I was never good at arts, but I've tried my best so thats all that matters :?

snoe.png

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
And I can guarantee if anything were to happen, the parents would automatically blame the highways agency for not building a proper fence, the driver for not stopping, and probably the department of transport for putting the road there. Anything to shift blame from themselves. Boils my blood!

And I for one dont blame you for being in a cage :)

MetalHeadKLR650

Wannabie Member
Feb 3, 2012
Jefferson City, MO
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2000 KLR 650
I don't see what the big issue is, the fence is far enough away from the highway and the sledges aren't going to bust through the fence and go onto the highway. I mean yeah a parent or someone should be there minding the kids but if this is nothing new I'm sure they know the rules and are being safe.

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
MetalHeadKLR650 said:
I don't see what the big issue is, the fence is far enough away from the highway and the sledges aren't going to bust through the fence and go onto the highway. I mean yeah a parent or someone should be there minding the kids but if this is nothing new I'm sure they know the rules and are being safe.

a kid could fall of but the sledge would keep going (there's a gap at the right hight for it) and go on to the m/way scaring the shit out of a driver causing a crash. sure nothing probably happened but still.

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
yeah but the sled riding along on a layer of snow should clear it.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Its not the case of how high or low the fence is, it's the fact your letting your children around what looked to be like around 6-9Y/o's letting them go down a hill towards a M/way.

MetalHead I don't know if you have kids but would you let your kids do this? would you let them stand 10ft away from a fire? It's the fact your letting you kid on a sledge with the poitential speeds of 10mph+ towards a M/way, what if they didn't stop? Trust me the picture is doing the fence justice, up close it's broken in places. The fence is about 2cars width, the picture was taken in 2009 since then the road has added a 4th lane & pushed the sliproad further over.

I should have said this in the OP but only just looked at the date stamp.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
There have been a few instances in the uk where sleds have killed people.

one killed 3 girls after passing through a wooden fence before garroting them in barbed wire, think that was about a year ago.

Another recent one I think a father died after plowing through a crash barrier.

You'd be surprised just how easy it is to die.

Chances are that's not even the best hill in the area for sledding, just the parents couldn't be arsed to take their kids out so gave 'em a tea tray and sat back down to watch tv.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts