Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar342

Wannabie Member
Apr 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson Dyna Street Bob
i was thinking about gloves for the summer but first ones i had last year sucked my hand was so sweaty it was useless anyone got any ideas for gloves i ride a cruiser and wear a vest so gauntlets would be awkward but the normal kind

SwitchBiker

Wannabie Member
Jun 23, 2012
USA, California
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer 1215
2011 HD Dyna Fat Bob
I like guantlets when wearing full sleeves cause it cuts down jacket ballooning. If I were wearing a vest I would go for a short glove, leather palms and textile vented topsides. I actually prefer a full jacket in the heat because I can soak my tshirt to keep cool for a longer period of time by adjusting the venting on my jacket to regulate airflow and temperature inside the jacket.

Bloodkraze

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
I ride a
2006 Triumph Rocket III
Honestly I like anything from tourmaster. I have saddlebags, gloves, jacket, boots all from them, it's good quality stuff with an okay selection.

Bikermole

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
Colchester, Essex
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR250R-ABS
Get a mesh jacket, as Toast said, they're really good when on the move. Then you can get proper gloves. I was wearing short gloves when I crashed in March, and I still ended up with really bad cuts to my hand.

In the summer, I wear Knox Biomechs, but they weren't cheap at £130!

Caesar342

Wannabie Member
Apr 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson Dyna Street Bob
i ride a cruiser that would be weird but ive thought of it i get over heated quick though

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Caesar342 said:
well my issue is overheating what jacket and gloves would yall suggest

Anything mesh, for the most part. Once it gets over about 98 degrees the air across your body is actually detrimental. People in the deserts wear long clothes for that reason, as well as to protect from the sunburn.

As for the cruiser..don't let that be an excuse. I rode cruisers around central Texas for 5 years wearing full gear. ;)

Chris033081

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2013
Western Washington
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson XL1200C-ANV
I have several gloves and jackets for different temps and outings. I primarily wear my leather jacket during the cooler days because it has a removable liner and massive vent pockets if need be. During the warmer 80+ days it comes down to breathable textile jackets.

For gloves, I have thin leather for moderate temps, full gauntlets for cooler temps, and textile gloves that stop at the wrist to match the textile jacket.

The only time I wear my vest is on group rides because it has all my patches, but I wear it over my jacket.

Daffee

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2
If you don't want to wear proper gear type in on google or liveleak, "graphic motorcycle crash" it might make you change your mind a bit

Chris033081

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2013
Western Washington
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson XL1200C-ANV
As a DOL Instructor candidate I emphasize proper gear at all times. While I may not ride with the brightest hi-viz gear possible, I do ride with safety in mind. It's not if you are going to crash, it's when you are going to crash. It just happens. Hopefully at low speeds with minimal injury and damage. Medical bills and repair bills suck.

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
Wear thin cotton liner gloves under your biker gloves. They absorb the sweat and your outer gloves are easy to take off.
When I buy gloves I only try them on for size over my cotton liner gloves.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Chris033081 said:
It's not if you are going to crash, it's when you are going to crash. It just happens. Hopefully at low speeds with minimal injury and damage. Medical bills and repair bills suck.
AMEN! It helps to remember that rubber has a significantly higher coefficient of friction against concrete than metal or plastic. 'Laying it down' just makes it all worse. Recently saw someone say they had to do that, so so sad.

NastyEvilNinja

4 wheel racer, 2 wheel lunatic
Feb 18, 2012
South Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Honda VTR1000 Firestorm, Yamaha FZR600R
Caesar342 said:
i was thinking about gloves for the summer but first ones i had last year sucked my hand was so sweaty it was useless anyone got any ideas for gloves i ride a cruiser and wear a vest so gauntlets would be awkward but the normal kind

That's the price you pay to 'fit in' with the fashion of a cruiser! :p

Summer race gloves, vented and perforated all over the place, DO keep your hands cool! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts