Subs

WildOn2s

WildOn2s Vlog
Feb 18, 2020
San Antonio,Tx
I ride a
Indian Chief dark horse
So
I love supporting other motovloggers but if one subs you do you sub back right away or wait to see if they are actually there to engage etc?

I usually sub right away to support but notice many don’t really try to engage.

Reactions: Steph

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Personally, I only sub to channels I am interested in, or those I have a friendship with. These channels I will watch as much of their content as I have time to... which is pretty time consuming.
My thoughts are that motovlogging is a community, so if someone takes the time to look at my videos and engage in the chat in each video, then I will take a look at their content too, but I won't sub unless I either like their content or like their personality.

As admin on here, I have exposure to a lot of new channels. I tend to only sub to new members once they show they intend on being active here, as sadly so many only make one post.... in the "share your social channels" thread. I really should start that one again as it is full of folk not a part of this forum as they came and went like a damp fart, leaving a stink and a wet patch! :D

My thoughts on sub4sub are very anti it. I'd rather have active subs than those just wanting me to sub back, to me a sub who does not watch is a meaningless statistic, the same really goes for those who click on a video to give it a view count, but click off straight away without watching. I've actually told my friends to stop doing that as they thought it helped my channel, when in reality it harms. So IMO, only sub to someone you enjoy watching, and if someone subs to you just because they want one back in return, they probably have no real intention of watching your videos anyway, so no point doing the sub4sub.

When growing a channel, you have to network, but don't do it blindly, you will get a feel for folks intentions just by reading their generic comments on videos etc.

On my videos, there is a core selection of folk who are creators themselves that I know will watch and comment on most of my videos. They don't do so to get me to do the same, they do so because they either enjoy my content, or don't think I am an arse.... and I can mostly say, that although I am subscribed to a lot of channels, I generally try to do actively engage on their channels and each video they post.

WildOn2s

WildOn2s Vlog
Feb 18, 2020
San Antonio,Tx
I ride a
Indian Chief dark horse
Personally, I only sub to channels I am interested in, or those I have a friendship with. These channels I will watch as much of their content as I have time to... which is pretty time consuming.
My thoughts are that motovlogging is a community, so if someone takes the time to look at my videos and engage in the chat in each video, then I will take a look at their content too, but I won't sub unless I either like their content or like their personality.

As admin on here, I have exposure to a lot of new channels. I tend to only sub to new members once they show they intend on being active here, as sadly so many only make one post.... in the "share your social channels" thread. I really should start that one again as it is full of folk not a part of this forum as they came and went like a damp fart, leaving a stink and a wet patch! :D

My thoughts on sub4sub are very anti it. I'd rather have active subs than those just wanting me to sub back, to me a sub who does not watch is a meaningless statistic, the same really goes for those who click on a video to give it a view count, but click off straight away without watching. I've actually told my friends to stop doing that as they thought it helped my channel, when in reality it harms. So IMO, only sub to someone you enjoy watching, and if someone subs to you just because they want one back in return, they probably have no real intention of watching your videos anyway, so no point doing the sub4sub.

When growing a channel, you have to network, but don't do it blindly, you will get a feel for folks intentions just by reading their generic comments on videos etc.

On my videos, there is a core selection of folk who are creators themselves that I know will watch and comment on most of my videos. They don't do so to get me to do the same, they do so because they either enjoy my content, or don't think I am an arse.... and I can mostly say, that although I am subscribed to a lot of channels, I generally try to do actively engage on their channels and each video they post.
Ya same feeling. I do like engaging and watching different content. Mainly personality also. Thank for your insight

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Ya same feeling. I do like engaging and watching different content. Mainly personality also. Thank for your insight
It is why I find channels that don't have in helmet audio hard to watch, I can ride my own bike if I don't want to hear someone else's thoughts on the ride, so those that say not much are less enticing to watch for me! :)

Reactions: WildOn2s

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
So
I love supporting other motovloggers but if one subs you do you sub back right away or wait to see if they are actually there to engage etc?

I usually sub right away to support but notice many don’t really try to engage.

I do sub back to all the Dutch and Belgium vloggers.
Support your country man etc.

Other then those, i sub those that i like.
But i do watch a couple of video's of those that sub to me ;)

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I agree with Hippo, for me is, if you are a good person, I can still leave a sub without watching which is somewhat of a support even though their vids are not interesting to me. We are all trying to reach the same goal but with different content. I will always show my appreciation to those who support me.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
To sub to someone is free (zero cost), and it is impossible to follow and watch every video of everyone you have subbed to. So don't have too high expectations of people being engaged on every one of your videos, especially if you are pushing 2-3 (or more) a week.

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS

Wow this was enlightening. I didnt realize how having useless subs and clicks can actually hurt your watch time that bad. Good on ya mate.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Clicking on and then straight off a video basically tells YouTube that people don't want to watch the video, so if your friends/family want to help you grow, but don't want to actually watch a video you post, ask them to click onto it on their PC at home just before they pop out, the video can play while they are not at their PC. so you get a good view retention and they can get on with their lives having helped you out.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I've been subbing to everyone who subs me and has an active channel of their own. I can't take the time to watch everyone's vids but I have been listening to them at work while I'm working, so I've been giving them all "watch time" in a manner of speaking.

I'm trying to be an active member of the community, plus I'm learning a lot from watching what other people are doing too. It's been both educational and entertaining so far!

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Clicking on and then straight off a video basically tells YouTube that people don't want to watch the video, so if your friends/family want to help you grow, but don't want to actually watch a video you post, ask them to click onto it on their PC at home just before they pop out, the video can play while they are not at their PC. so you get a good view retention and they can get on with their lives having helped you out.
100%. Watch time is the golden stat to go after. Even monetization is about subscribers and watch time (not views)

WildOn2s

WildOn2s Vlog
Feb 18, 2020
San Antonio,Tx
I ride a
Indian Chief dark horse
Then I always notice a loss of a sub. 2 steps forward 1 back. I’m guessing it’s also YouTube getting rid of bs accounts

Reactions: STR-Rider

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Then I always notice a loss of a sub. 2 steps forward 1 back. I’m guessing it’s also YouTube getting rid of bs accounts
Well like they said subs that dont watch arent useful anyway. Yeah you need 1000 as the magic sub number, but you also need those 4k hours of watch time. You can have 100k subs all bot accounts and 100 watch hours and not get monetized. You want subs that are active, enjoy your content, and watch it!

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
I sub to pretty much every motovlogger I can find, whether 10 subscribers or 3m. Most of it is to keep tabs on what the community is putting out, other times it's to learn how people are editing their videos, and a lot of it I just generally enjoy.

Every time I see a video from someone with < 500 subscribers, if their content is good quality/effort I'll like, comment, and watch their whole video best I can to help them grow (as I know how much I appreciate that right now, too, in the early days).

AndrewF

The Broke Petrol Head
Jul 10, 2020
Cork, Ireland
I ride a
2007 Suzuki V-Strom dl650
Interesting..as I am just starting out on this adventure this topic is of great interest.. I have been getting subs, like and comments from people asking to return the favor but when I look at their channel they are so far from moto vlogging or anything id be interested in its crazy, one recent guy just seemed to film his friends drunk which can be funny memes in there own right but they just seemed to sit around chatting and singing.

I dont want fake subs or views, how am I to know if im on the right track if thats all I get, as mentioned above if I sub I wanna go back and spend some time watching your video but my channel list is getting so long i think i need to take a week off and I havent even started on that section of this forum yet

WaltInPA

Wannabie Member
Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
www.waltinpa.com
I ride a
2018 Honda CB650F
I’m big on the community aspect - so if I get an alert that someone has subscribed to my channel or I get a comment from someone that I don’t recognize, I’ll make a point to visit their channel. I usually open it up in a new browser window and at some point (sometimes it takes a couple of days to find the time) I’ll watch one of their videos, from start to finish, and leave a comment.

I don’t blindly subscribe - thats a judgement call I make based on the video I watched and if any of their other videos catch my eye. As a young channel with only a handful of subscribers, I feel like I owe it to anyone that watches and comments to return the favor.

• Love

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I used to sub to others but now it takes something special for me to click.

That said its a meaningless sub most of the time because I just don't watch that much youtube anymore.

Reactions: Pooley

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
If some one subs me, or I discover a new channel, I look at their videos, sometimes starting with their first one (if it’s not too far back), then their videos with topics that directly interest me, followed my their most recent, or current video. This gives me a sense of their history and development as a rider and motovlogger. It takes a lot for a channel to be a dealbreaker, and for me to not sub them, but riders who film theirs or their friends reckless or lawless behavior, content that’s heavy on social or political content, or generally someone, for whatever vibe I get from them, I don’t see us being friends if we were to meet in real life.

Realizing how hard it is to make a video -technically, artistically, and with good content - and how it’s easy to stumble, I want a fellow motovlogger to know that their work is watched and appreciated. So, yes I try to watch more than one video from a motovlogger before I sub them.

-Wolf

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tomstc General Discussion 2

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts