Strong wind

Bike4Fun

Bike4Fun - Motovlog
Apr 10, 2019
Berlin
I ride a
BMW
I have my license nearly 25 years, but less driven experiences. How do you react in case of strong wind?
Thx and best,

Kermit

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I have my license nearly 25 years, but less driven experiences. How do you react in case of strong wind?
Thx and best,

Kermit

After a few strong gusts when I was in Texas and early on in riding nearly all the time, I started watching for signs in nature a gusty was coming at close a right angle.

The grass moves in a different pattern as do the trees. Then it hits and I lean into it just enough so as to not be caught off guard when the gusts ends.

It takes practice.

Chris_SVS

Now Chris_MT09
Aug 12, 2017
Northern Ireland
I ride a
2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
Don't react to wind, plan ahead for it. Position nearer centre of lane and depending on direction use it to either help you lean in, or stand the bike up before throttling on

Reactions: R-Rated

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Just be aware of the wind and whats it doing. If it's constantly blowing in one direction then you've got it easy. As @Chris_SVS says position yourself in the center of the lane and that way you've got the most room possible either side. Don't tense up and just go with it.

Reactions: moto moto

blipblip

Wannabie Member
Apr 20, 2019
England
I ride a
zx10r
Every time I got hit by a really really strong gust of wind I try to laugh it off but deep inside I am crapping myself :D but yea leaning into it does help loads as mentioned before.

I remember thinking in the past whilst i was doing 50mph it felt like I was doing double the speed just cause of the damn wind

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts