Standard size video's - Discuss

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Allot of channels do standard videos of different bikes.
Think about the 0-100 drag, engine/exhaust sound or the top-speed videos.

Is it worth doing?
Would it help generate views?
Of course it helps generate content, but content doesn't always = views ;)

People who do it, what are your experience?
And those who don't, why not?

Is it a difficult market to enter, which so many doing it?
Or a simple basic system that can help you get periodical uploads?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I generally do a fly by video of my bikes so folk can hear what they sound like with a standard can vs an aftermarket can. Am thinking now I have the 360 camera of redoing the Triumph one and if I get an aftermarket can for the Beta to do one for that too.
I'll possibly avoid doing high speed runs, a chap local to me got 6 months in prison and his bike crushed due to posting illegal antics and bragging about them on his YouTube channel, so unless I can get myself to a run wot ya brung event at Santa Pod drag strip, or get use of an old runway, I'll leave those to other folk.
Some of my most popular videos are my fly by noise test vids though, so def worth doing. You need to push them though, get active on facebook pages and forums for that specific bike or brand of bike! :)

Reactions: Meifesto

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I have never even thought about this before. I ride a stupid loud Sportster, so I guess people might want to know a bit more about my setup on why it sounds as it does. As for top speed or drag, I'm not really keen on that type of stuff or getting my bike seized and auctioned off to someone else. That sucks about that local to you chap's bike being crushed HippoDrone, time is one thing but crushing the bike? Thats harsh.

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I don't, but it got taken down, guessing he was being a proper idiot!

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I have 1 0-100 video, which I didnt really plan. It is my single most popular video by a mile. It gathered no views for a week or two and then suddenly I get constant traffic to that video.

FYI full disclosure is that I have wheelie videos and multiple track videos, which are not nearly as popular.

To answer the question: From personal experience before I bought a new bike, I would watch a lot of 0-100 videos, acceleration videos, exhaust videos, etc.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
To answer the question: From personal experience before I bought a new bike, I would watch a lot of 0-100 videos, acceleration videos, exhaust videos, etc.

That is a comment i hear more and more often.

So although it ain't motovlogging, the basic video's seem to get more popular than full reviews video's.
Which is interesting on its on. But worth looking into then ;)

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Making those kind of videos is all about related content. The reason you make them is that they are often most watched by people, so it increases your chances of getting discovered off someone else's video.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
That is a comment i hear more and more often.

So although it ain't motovlogging, the basic video's seem to get more popular than full reviews video's.
Which is interesting on its on. But worth looking into then ;)
I think its definitely worth looking into some basic videos. I've also noticed any how to's are also quite popular (not that I have any)

Reactions: HippoDrone

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I do have a small stuck up on video's like top speed, or exhaust sound.
With the idea to at some point in time throw them online.
Never really thought about the fact to do it either all separately or just mix it.

The top speed of the Zero DSR Black Forest does quite alright, so i might just throw some more online.
As bonus content, not as replacement :p

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'd suggest spanning them out over time rather than mass uploading them, drip feed your audience, (but not too slowly) gotta tease them to want more! :D

Reactions: Meifesto

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts