Not open for further replies.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Hi guys,

I'm gonna be a grammar Nazi and say the quality of some of the posts on this forum has got to the point where people are having to ask for them to be reworded.

All this does is waste time and clog up the threads.

If you happen to b sum1 hu talks lik diz bcos its faster could we PLEASE just put a little more effort into our posts? It's going to save you time in the long run because you won't have to explain yourselves.

The biggest problem is lack of commas and full stops.

It will make the forums easier to navigate and it really helps people's perceptions of you too.

Rant over,

CB

MysteriousVlogger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Oldham - UK
I ride a
Granny in a dark alley...
Soz broski.

Seriously though I completely agree I looked at a post last week and it was just a big block of words I didn't bother reading just cause of the lack of grammar.

Chuckles85

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
I ride a
FZ6N
You too have opened yourself up to rectification without noticing it Mysterious.

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
CurlyBlakey said:
Hi guys,

I'm gonna be a grammar Nazi and say the quality of some of the posts on this forum has got to the point where people are having to ask for them to be reworded.

All this does is waste time and clog up the threads.

If you happen to b sum1 hu talks lik diz bcos its faster could we PLEASE just put a little more effort into our posts? It's going to save you time in the long run because you won't have to explain yourselves.

The biggest problem is lack of commas and full stops.

It will make the forums easier to navigate and it really helps people's perceptions of you too.

Rant over,

CB

I 100% agree, there's no excuse, especially if you use Google Chrome as it has a spell checker built in.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
OoxTruExoO said:
MysteriousVlogger said:
Soz broski.

Seriously thought I completely agree, I read a post last week and it was just a big block of words, I didn't bother reading just cause of the lack of grammar.

Haha. Classic.

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
Yes, yes, so many times; YES.

When people misspell words that have been correctly spelt in previous posts I die a little inside.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Haha, Chuckles.

I highly doubt this will effect other threads, this will have been forgotten by 12 tonight. Or moved too far down the list.

Add a spell check to the styles box?

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
AZZ3R said:
Haha, Chuckles.

I highly doubt this will effect other threads, this will have been forgotten by 12 tonight. Or moved too far down the list.

Add a spell check to the styles box?

It made me feel better :p

Google Chrome has a spell check built in, could be an idea to promote that more to forum users!

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
CurlyBlakey said:
It made me feel better :p

Google Chrome has a spell check built in, could be an idea to promote that more to forum users!

I don't know how hard it would be for a spell checker to be put in place, but it can't be that hard?

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
this immediately sprung to mind :p

Attachments

• 1643336_460s.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 250
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts