Speeding In Videos

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
I was aware of it when i was in editing but i left it but i want to know from everyone, should it of been blurred.

I'm referring the intro in my last SB entry. (not linking for good reasons lol). The reason i ask is because do legal authorities really go out their way to fuck us over in vlogs? hmm.. I will take the vid down in 24hrs time to blur the intro..

Don't comment if your gonna be all philosophical about speeding and its dangers. Take that shit to church.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'd definitely be not posting vids of me riding past schools with 20 limits at well over 20 mph

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Yeah i get that they confiscate your SD card (wankers). They shouldn't be using social media at work anyway :D

Reactions: HippoDrone

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Yeah i get that they confiscate your SD card (wankers). They shouldn't be using social media at work anyway :D
Most likely, they don't. Its members of the public who watch it and someone calls the police on you and you get investigated. That's how it works in pretty much most countries.

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Yeah, i also get that. But i have seen vids on youtube from popular motovlogers who speed constantly. I mean its so obvious that they're speeding that they blur the speedo :D

CaptYanni

CaptainYanni
Aug 28, 2017
Perth
I ride a
Ninja 300
Maybe if you could make the blur look like a bug splat somehow or a rain drop? Then it wouldn't be too obvious that you were speeding, aha but I personally would blur it just in case.

I know some people put "The following footage was filmed 6 months or more prior to publication, therefore the following footage is non prosecutable footage." or something similar at the start of their videos, so not sure if you have similar laws over there and maybe you could do that?

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Maybe if you could make the blur look like a bug splat somehow or a rain drop? Then it wouldn't be too obvious that you were speeding, aha but I personally would blur it just in case.

I know some people put "The following footage was filmed 6 months or more prior to publication, therefore the following footage is non prosecutable footage." or something similar at the start of their videos, so not sure if you have similar laws over there and maybe you could do that?

I've never heard of this before. But sadly, it wouldn't suprise me if someone was caught 30mph above legal limit be jailed with a longer sentencing than rolf harris / Jimmy savile. Usually how our laws work these days... i doubt any disclaimer would matter.. and it still wouldn't defeat the fact that it was still you who was speeding during that time. + with their intelligence they have these days, it wouldn't take them long to figure out it was you anyway.

Reactions: CaptYanni

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
To be honest I think they'll only spend the time to go after people who really ride dangerously a lot.
Doing wheelies around traffic or urban roads etc.

Its one thing risking your ass having a 'spirited' ride on national limit country roads but riders who endanger others with stupid stunts and speeds in urban areas should be stopped.

Totally agree with that.

Reactions: EDcase

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
You do the crime you do the time I say.

I also think if a member of the law bothered to watch my stuff and report on it, I'd be more proud that someone actually watched it. lol

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Oh we'll be fine here in England then. As long as our number plates are not 1 inch smaller than legal requirement. we'll be safe. Considering bike thieves are getting away with murder (not literally lol)

Reactions: EDcase

RuckinScot

Scooter vlogger
Mar 28, 2018
Okinawa, Japan
I ride a
Honda Ruckus
I was riding a Daytona 675 vs my ruckus. It’s obviously much easier to speed on. So I pointed my camera slightly higher to keep the speedo out. If I do something questionable I usually cut it out. More than I’m worried about the strong arm of the law I just don’t want my channel a bunch of riding like an ass hole. (I try not to ride like an ass hole)

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Blurring the speedo its not going to really help. If they choose to they can use road markings, scenery and other ways to work out how fast you where going. Highly unlikely that they would if you just uploaded it to YT but its still possible

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I would say it all depends on your country's enforcement. Some countries are pretty strict. For my country so far they are not bothered so I am not bothered but in any event things change, I will do the same and start covering up the speedo. For sure they can still analyse the video and work out an "estimated (not actual)" speed but at least they have to do the work, and you can still fight it since anyone can edit the video play speed or such. I think it's still debatable for that.

If you feel it's better to play it safe then just cover it up and be over with the subject, enjoy the ride. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BikeFather Editing Talk 20