Some Pictures of the 919 from Recent Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindredice

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
38
7
8
I ride a
2012 Yamaha R6
They arent bad at all but i think they'd come out better if trees werent shading on the bike.Like somewhere out in the open,with only the sky's reflection,better light etc.
 

dxeavy

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
160
0
0
39
Greece
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha V-Star 1100 and a Kawasaki Z750
Very nice, I like.

If you want a quick tip... remember when you shoot outdoors where you place the horizon line in your frame has a powerful effect on how your compositions are interpreted. Try not to tilt the camera up or down because it could alter the balance of your scene :)
 

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
879
79
28
33
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
nicely done man !
 

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
879
79
28
33
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
ToastToGo said:
ariderslife said:
nicely done man !
Thanks man. :) I need some work with my photography. It's forever a learning process.

Do you still have the VTR250?

nah the vtr is gone, i wanted to keep it for the lols, but decided to sell it. extra cash goes towards the new ride :)
 

DRider

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2011
156
0
16
26
Workington, Cumbria, England
I ride a
Currently:

Honda CB500 Cup 1997
Suzuki GSX600F 2000
Honda CB650 Nighthawk SOHC 1982

Previously:

Yamaha Virago XV535 1989
Suzuki 125 VL Intruder V-Twin 2004
Damn dude, amazing pictures! I love the fact that the bike itself reflects the images behind you, and the reflection off the still water is fantastic. Really good pictures, really good bike! Are you using any special type of lens to get these reflections in such high quality, or is it just skill? :p
 

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
1,222
69
48
30
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
DRider said:
Damn dude, amazing pictures! I love the fact that the bike itself reflects the images behind you, and the reflection off the still water is fantastic. Really good pictures, really good bike! Are you using any special type of lens to get these reflections in such high quality, or is it just skill? :p
Thanks man. I believe those reflections are because of the lens I am using as well as the way I edited the picture. The lens is a 35mm f1.8 and it happens to be pretty sharp and able to capture nice detail. They way I edited the pictures really brought out the detail and light in the reflections. I did HDR, which is essentially multiple exposures blended into one shot so you can capture more detail in the shadows and highlights. The reflections on my tank would normally be darker, but with a lower exposure value blended into the picture, I was able to brighten that shadowy reflection and make it brighter in the image. Same goes with the reflection on the water. It would have normally been a little brighter, but with a higer exposure value, I was able to capture the detail on the water and allow for it to be in the picture.

Also, my paint is very shiney too, so that helps. :D
 

DRider

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2011
156
0
16
26
Workington, Cumbria, England
I ride a
Currently:

Honda CB500 Cup 1997
Suzuki GSX600F 2000
Honda CB650 Nighthawk SOHC 1982

Previously:

Yamaha Virago XV535 1989
Suzuki 125 VL Intruder V-Twin 2004
ToastToGo said:
DRider said:
Damn dude, amazing pictures! I love the fact that the bike itself reflects the images behind you, and the reflection off the still water is fantastic. Really good pictures, really good bike! Are you using any special type of lens to get these reflections in such high quality, or is it just skill? :p
Thanks man. I believe those reflections are because of the lens I am using as well as the way I edited the picture. The lens is a 35mm f1.8 and it happens to be pretty sharp and able to capture nice detail. They way I edited the pictures really brought out the detail and light in the reflections. I did HDR, which is essentially multiple exposures blended into one shot so you can capture more detail in the shadows and highlights. The reflections on my tank would normally be darker, but with a lower exposure value blended into the picture, I was able to brighten that shadowy reflection and make it brighter in the image. Same goes with the reflection on the water. It would have normally been a little brighter, but with a higer exposure value, I was able to capture the detail on the water and allow for it to be in the picture.

Also, my paint is very shiney too, so that helps. :D
Ahh, never even knew it was edited! Some editors make it very obvious, your editing seems discreet, so, more power to you! haha Yeah, I'm noticing the detail more and more looking at it, looks like a very high-quality photo, probably originally high-resolution? What type of camera are you using? My dad's got his own photography company, so I decided to try Photography. A slow process of learning, but, I'm getting there. Have you ever tried selling or advertising some of these photos, perhaps you could get a good job or position involving photography, there are always people wanting photographs! haha

Keep up the fantastic photos, look forward to seeing more! :D
 

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
1,222
69
48
30
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
DRider said:
Ahh, never even knew it was edited! Some editors make it very obvious, your editing seems discreet, so, more power to you! haha Yeah, I'm noticing the detail more and more looking at it, looks like a very high-quality photo, probably originally high-resolution? What type of camera are you using? My dad's got his own photography company, so I decided to try Photography. A slow process of learning, but, I'm getting there. Have you ever tried selling or advertising some of these photos, perhaps you could get a good job or position involving photography, there are always people wanting photographs! haha

Keep up the fantastic photos, look forward to seeing more! :D
Your dad has a photography business? That is very cool, you must have access to some awesome camera equipment. :cool: I'm using a rather inexpensive Nikon D80, these pictures were shot with 5.6MP, but the camera does go up to 10MP

The more and more I look for what I want to do for a living, the more I am uninterested in having an office job or having an overpowering boss, the more I have considered doing photography. I do enjoy it very much, and have always been fascinated with using cameras/camcorders etc. But I have not done any advertising of my pictures or tried selling some pictures because I know of a lot of other photographers that are much greater than I am, and would feel pretty lame trying to sell my work or whatever. I have, however, thought about starting a web page with a bunch of my work to be displayed, and kind of use it as sort of a photography blog/travel blog as well...then who knows what that would lead to. I have a couple friends who started photography a little after I did, and one of them shoots weddings and such on the side...and she makes pretty good money!
 

2ballsperbike

Wannabie Member
Aug 31, 2011
23
0
0
Toronto, Canada
www.youtube.com
I ride a
04 CBR600RR
Yes Toast. The nakedness looks good. Really nice bike mate. Any plans for an FE? How about that windscreen? I know you just put it on. Any difference in the ride? It takes away from the naked tho.
 

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
1,222
69
48
30
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
2ballsperbike said:
Yes Toast. The nakedness looks good. Really nice bike mate. Any plans for an FE? How about that windscreen? I know you just put it on. Any difference in the ride? It takes away from the naked tho.
I like the windscreen! It cleans up the look of the front, especially from the side profile. Plus it does help some because I commute on the highway for 30 miles a few times a week. I will most likely end up taking the screen off from time to time just to change up the look. I will most likely take it off whenever I paint those "chrome" bits to black...I'm not a big fan of the fake chrome headlight ring and gauge pods.

As for the fender eliminator, I actually purchased one not long ago. I'm waiting to purchase new lower profile LED turn signals before I install the fender eliminator so I won't have to use the bulky OEM ones. I'm looking at some bright Rizoma LEDs because they are brighter than stock signals...much brighter than the cheap eBay LEDs. But the problem is, they are very expensive, so I'm keeping my bright stock signals for now. And when I purchase the LED signals, I will have to purchase a new turn signal relay, which is just more money into the pot. I guess what's really stopping me is money...however, I probably could use the cheap signals in the meantime...
 

2ballsperbike

Wannabie Member
Aug 31, 2011
23
0
0
Toronto, Canada
www.youtube.com
I ride a
04 CBR600RR
I was gonna ask about the turn signals too but I already asked to many q's. Can't wait to see the back end all done. Gonna look sweet. The windscreen looks great. And if it cuts down on wind pressure @ high speeds it's well worth it. I'm partial to the look of bare gauges. Blacking out the shiny bits will look nice too. Good job.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KapGranite Moto Photos! 21
Similar threads
Taking pictures of our Bike

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts