some help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Firstly, everyone calm the f**k down. Secondly you are being over confident, I'm 100% sure in my ability to ride a bike safely and competently, but I'm also 100% sure that its highly likely that at some point I will crash, whether its my fault or not. By the way, my choice to go TPFT was not because I'm sure I won't crash or if I do it will be somebody elses fault. I could afford to pay a grand a year for several year and I figure if I crash it's my own fault and I'll have to cover the costs myself.

Little stat for everyone, on average a rider that starts riding at 17 will have had 8 crashes (major or minor) by the time they are 30.

ToySoldier

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
dt 125 ntv 650
Yamaha dt125
soon suzuki bandit 400 XD
im not really being over confident at 17 ill have to ride a 33bhp restriction same as say the ninja 250 iv riden 250 2 strokes offroad all the times and can handle thouse fine so i think a 400 at 33bhp i would be able to handle it.

and AZZ3R i am a qualified mechanic only lv 1 atm and going into lv2 but sofar i have had no problems with any breaks of mine i have done motorbike/car/push bike so am confident it wont happen now

with this tp only im geting confused. Third party will only cover you for any injury or even death caused to third parties. if tp does not cover there car to be fixed/replayed what is the point of it because im sure it covers damage to third partys cars so there car would get fixed and my bike would not same as tpft only difrence if my bike is stolen or catches alight and what fines will i get?

you said. You couldn't be more wrong with everything you said. If your bike held say 4gallons you could fill it up to the brim and you would get more miles than you would if your bike was a 2 gallon tank, even if you filled up the same amount.

if you filled up 4 gallons is 18 liters so that would cost £24 and would last you 3 weeks if you filled up only 2 gallons thats 9 liters and would cost £12 so arfter a week and a half you would have to fill up £12 again to last the next week and a half. Is my math wrong hear? ow and how can be filling up a 4g tank and filling up a 2g tank be the same amount?

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Third party covers damage to the other persons car not your bike, if the crash is someone elses fault the there insurance pays for your damage.

ToySoldier

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
dt 125 ntv 650
Yamaha dt125
Chessecake94 said:
Third party covers damage to the other persons car not your bike, if the crash is someone elses fault the there insurance pays for your damage.

thats how i thought it worked XD

MrSkidmark72

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
I ride a
penny-farthing bicycle
Ok guys …Take a deep breath grab yourselves a happy meal and relax…….

Toysoldier: If you doing that many miles then I’m afraid that fuel cost what costs, moving to a bike with a larger cc is not going to help if that is one of your main concerns.

Insurance is something that we have all got to pay and at your age it does not matter how good a rider you are in the eyes of insurance companies you are in a high risk category. It also takes into account were live, what job you do, were you keep your bike at home and at work, also what you use your bike for.

As for the cost difference (please note this is a general statement and does not apply to all) most 17 year old on a 125 will have the throttle pinned every where they go and are more than happy to take excessive risks and show off to the mates. So all 17 year old’s get charged a premium, just try and insure a car if you think bikes are bad.

Now if you on a 400cc for example that is restricted as it would have to be having passed your A2 test, even at your age this puts the insurance risk down a little as you would have to meet a higher minimum standard of riding to gain your A2 licence. Insurance companies like this as it shows a better form of responsibility and hopefully understanding of consequence verses risk. And that is what insurance is all about “risk”.

Basically as Chessecake and Curly and have tried to advise you that while the size of the engine does play apart it is not the sloe deciding factor.

As far as what form of insurance cover you get is entirely up to you as you have to way up the cost of the bike against the cost or repair/replacement.

ToySoldier

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
dt 125 ntv 650
Yamaha dt125
its like they dont cear if you have a full licence or not with a full licence to insure a 400 £650 is ok not to bad but with a full licence to insure a 125 is £530 it doesnt seem right just way to expensiv for a 125 that is sopost to be runing at 15bhp

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
ToySoldier said:
with this tp only im geting confused. Third party will only cover you for any injury or even death caused to third parties. if tp does not cover there car to be fixed/replayed what is the point of it because im sure it covers damage to third partys cars so there car would get fixed and my bike would not same as tpft only difrence if my bike is stolen or catches alight and what fines will i get?

The quote what I orignally put meant. if you crash then the third party involment is the person you hit, Yes your insurance will cover the cost of legal fees and the damage to thier car, but won't pay for your bike to be fixed. It neans excatly what cheesecake said, just I put it in words that I understand and you may not have.

I'm not arguing with you over fuel costs. I know what fuel costs are and how much I get for my money as I ride a 2T everysingle day. your bike is completly different to mine and will idle at completly differnt rpm. Like I said earlier, I put £10 in mine and that gets me about 2.5g, I still get 3weeks riding out of it.

You need to read what I say rather than reading the bits you want to read. I said just because you've ridden it once or twice doesn't mean your ready to jump on it and ride it as a everyday thing, I drive my dad's land rover up in scotland but doesn't mean I'm capable of driving it on the road as a everyday thing.

And what Mrskidmark is saying is right, theres a massive age bracket for insurers, 16-21 is a high risk insurance. I'd have said 25+ is where you start to see a massive difference in your insurance premiums. I pay £570 but it's a price I have to pay. Your bike is/was? an off rode bike?

On my channel I made a video of bit's and bobs on insurance. it's called 'Back to Vlogging' skip to about 1.40 and listen untill about 2.28. I don't go into massive detail but slight detail.

I'm not arguing on this subject about insurance premiums, personaly I say if you are going to moan about it tuff theres no way around it unless you do in ilegally. Good Luck.

ToySoldier

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
dt 125 ntv 650
Yamaha dt125
i understand what your saying me being me im miss reading and not replying clealy so wer just going around in circuls. lmao I no its tuff and iv payed it just a bit anoying thats all.
This thread has made me look like a toatal s**T head chav but im not honest lol so this is my apoligi (dont no how to spell it) for sounding like a idiot chav that wants to jump on a big bike and kill himself i would only do something i think i could do if you know what i mean you no your own limits and what you think you could ride

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Lol, I dont think anyone was questioning your ability to ride, I think it's more the fact as young riders we can never be sure we might not see some gravel on a corner, or get your speed wrong going into a corner ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Edu_BR General Moto Talk 4