Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Those that have been here a while will be familiar, but those of you new to the site won't.

So what is Motovlog.com's Sunny Bear Challenge:

The basics is there will be a challenge set for each of the letters in the words SUNNY BEAR and each challenge will start with that letter. There are other rules which will be posted up nearer the time, but for now I am wanting you all to come up with some challenges (they must be safe and legal).

It is a great way for us to get to know the newer members and by getting involved it could help your channels grow. Anyways, get your thinking hats on and post up some SUNNY BEAR challenge ideas. Here are last years challenges for a little inspiration, the challenge for "S" will always be the same:

S - Shoutout: Announce the Sunny Bear Challenge and Motovlog.com, tell your viewers what this is all about.

U - Under: Go under a bridge or through a tunnel and without becoming a nuisance to others, let your bike sing.

N - Navigate: Go from one end of your city/town/village to the other. Just the highlights.

N - New: Who did you last subscribe to, and why?

Y - Yippee: What, besides motorcycling, can make you say "Yippee"?

B - Buy: What was your last investment for your bike and why?

E - Eat: Go Get some food, show us what you are into?

A - Art: Ride to three examples of street Art. Give their location. +1 if they can be confirmed on Google Street View.

R - Reflect: make a montage of your favorite bits from some of the other people's entries in the challenge and give a shoutout to each person that entered (even if they only made one video.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
S - Send a motovlog to someone dear to you. Friends or family.

U - Use hand signals for turns for a ride vs. electronic to see how lucky we have it. Will need a camera watching you do it.

N - Nod to the driver next to you while stopped at intersection after making eye contact. Extra point for each nod back.

N - Nickname. Tell us about a nickname or nicknames you had/have.

Y - Yodel your best yodeling song.

B - Bugs. Place a sticker on the center of your headlight and ride about sunset for no more than 10 miles. Stop and count the bugs on the sticker. Extra points for colorful remains.

E - Emulate one other participant in the Sunny Bear 2019 challenge style.

A - Advice. What was the most zen like motorcycle advice that you ever heard and does it ring true. Who told you and when?

R - Rationalize getting a new bike now. For those with significant others, extra point if the say ok or bean you with something. :p

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
OK, You folk, old and new have until the end of July to come up with the SUNNY BEAR challenges. If no one else comes up with any suggestions, I can only assume you don't want us to promote any of your Sunny Bear challenge vids and we'll drop it for the year and maybe give the southern hemisphere a chance to do the SOLAR BEAR challenge instead?

• Wow
Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Any one can enter the SUNNY Bear and SOLAR BEAR challenges! :)
@R-Rated your suggestions were great, but we need more than one person to have an input on them so PLEASE, suggest some alternatives people, old and NEW members, this can be a lot of fun and a great way for us to get to know each other and each's channels better! :)

• Love

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Right... not too much thought put in to this, as usual, but here is my first draft.

shoutout - obviously
unheard - tell us something about yourself, that you have not told in any of your previous motovlogs
nonsense - make a video, full of talking, that makes no sense what so ever.
north - locate the most northern point in your town\village, that is accessible with your bike.
yours - go to a store\gas sation, ask for beer, that is called *enter your username*

bee - tell us about a last time you got stung by a bee\wasp
embark - document going on a shortest journey possible
ancient - visit the oldest thing (people are not things) in your area
race - Ride between two randomly selected points, guess the time it takes you to reach the other point (no less than 5 minutes) and measure how accurately you guessed it.

LitreoNewb

Litre of Newb
Aug 3, 2019
Sacramento, CA
I ride a
2004 Aprilia Futura
yours - go to a store\gas sation, ask for beer, that is called *enter your username*

I like this one. "Excuse me, sir, Do you sell Newb here? I want to buy a Litre of Newb."

S - I like the shout out one announcing the challenge.
U - Unique - Try to find something unique to your area that nobody else would be able to find in theirs.
N - New - Go somewhere or do something you haven't done before.
N - Nostolgia - Go somewhere with historical value.
Y - Youngin's - Wave at kids, let a kid sit on your bike, do something for the youngin's. Don't be creepy.

B - Be kind - Do a random act of kindness.
E - Early and Evening - Go somewhere and watch the sunrise. Also go somewhere and watch the sunset.
A - Armed Forces - Visit a memorial.
R - Relax - Find some place cozy, kick your feet up, have a drink, and take it easy. You finished the challenge. Bonus points for relaxing with other bikers, exttra bonus points if they were doing the challenge too.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
So any idea if it is still happening? It is already borderline late for my region. Last year I did the last video, when it was already snowing :D

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I think due to the very low input from all members we'll shelve it for this year. Maybe look into a different format for next year.

• Sad

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I like the monthly challenge idea. Posted a week or even few days before the month starts, must be posted before month ends and your idea of most likes would serve as judging. Do we limit it to only likes here on the forum to make it fair for all? (bigger channel more views etc) If the Forum owner approves we could even create a new thread to post the vids to.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It would be in it's own thread just like the "Challenge Accepted" thread,, as a trial it might require us to not have the Top Poster Award for a bit although those stats would still show.

Reactions: RideOnTwo

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Yup, You'd be judging it on maybe a set criteria or maybe on just how much you enjoyed it on a scale of 1-5. Folk entering would be obligated to watch and vote on all entered videos else their entry would be void.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts