So i have a crazy idea...... [Recording Comms on to Camera]

whingnut

Squidbilly
Jul 29, 2016
Virginia beach VA
I ride a
2008 KLR 650 modified for TAT
I would like to be able to record some of my crazy relatives when they call me while im out riding. Like a sixth sense everytime i do a long ride 2hrs plus i get a call from my "fun" relatives and friends. I would like to be able to add thise calls into my motovlogs ( with thier permission of course) a lot of these are "remember the time we......" and id like to share some of my sea stories from thier perspective. Any ideas? If i use a call recorder from my android phone it only picks of me talking or nothing evem for the paid ones. Any suggestions are welcome.

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
I'm going to try LoneWolfer's setup and see how it works for me. Some of the shenanigans between my wife and I are funny. Most of the shenanigans between my riding buddy Dan and I are hilarious!

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
The sound was really good.
I must say, as a remark, that youtubes auto-translation is amusing. I would not understand most of what you said, without it. But with it, it was not that much better :D

• Haha
Reactions: R-Rated

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Not a bad way to do that PhilTonic, I just wanted mine contained inside the helmet and all hidden away and only a single 3.5 mm plug to plug into my gopro when I record. And when I'm not recording, it tucks back under the edge of the cheek pad for storage.

Reactions: Theodor and R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
@PhilTonic Thank you for sharing this. I like that splitter.

Has anyone figured out dual mic setup on a modular helmet yet? I had one using just one Sony ECM by the speaker in my Shark but I since went to Shoei and that will not work. :(

I am kicking myself for not capturing the audio between me and @LoneWolfer better because he is sitting on a goldmine for an upcoming video series.

PhilTonic

English Kraut
Aug 17, 2014
I ride a
KTM 690 SMC R
Not a bad way to do that PhilTonic, I just wanted mine contained inside the helmet and all hidden away and only a single 3.5 mm plug to plug into my gopro when I record. And when I'm not recording, it tucks back under the edge of the cheek pad for storage.
I've managed to tuck away everything. But you will get a slimmer profile by soldering cables yourself. Lots of the german motovlog guys are replicating my setup and create their own cables.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts