So, I did a thing...

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
I own and ride a GSX1400. Great Suzuki muscle bike - HEAPS of torque. Heaps.

I already bought, and a friend installed, a set of Yoshi cams which has increased power a bit (ok quite a bit).

Anyway.. same friend is rearranging his priorities / bike stuff (he's getting more into racing) and he had for sale a TURBO and associated oil pump. For AUD$650 (new costs would be $1800) A deal way too good to pass up.
Naturally its not just a matter of bolting it on - there are another few bits of plumbing needed, and it'll need to be remapped on the dyno etc. So it's not a project likely to happen soon BUT if I hadn't bought this stuff when this deal came up I never would have done.

My wife said "i don't know why you want one of those your bike already goes 200kph, nobody needs to go faster".
I really have no idea what she means :D

Oh it does go more than 200kph - that's just what I took it to with her on it and full luggage load too.
Mind you those speeds on a naked bike aren't fun for too long.

Also we all know that more power = safer because it means we are able to accelerate out of bad situations promptly ;)

So yeah.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Cool, be interesting to see you fit it and get the bike running right with it all in place! :)

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
If you have a fast bike, it won't matter anyway how fast it is exactly, from safety point of view. You can tell her of course, that you'll "go" quicker and with less pain, when you have the turbo. I am sure that will make her understand and root for the upgrade.

But on a more serious note. This is the stuff we will miss, when electric bikes take over. I can bet you 10 bucks no one will be installing upgraded exhaust to their electric bike.

Reactions: LandyVlad

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Interesting how in all of the chopper shows they build exhaust, as among other things :D Should be pretty much the same for intake, unless you're going for something really pretty.
Isn't there a bolt on kit available?

AlanSmith7

Wannabie Member
Aug 17, 2020
I ride a
Suzuki Hayabusa
Harley Davidson Dyna Fatbob
It is awesome. Now I really wanted ton to see you fit. Just ride safely and be good.

Baldbiker

L Plate Member
Mar 7, 2021
I ride a
Africa Twin DCT
I had someone respond to one of my videos where I was discussing how my bike tends to oversteer a bit in the corners and bends. His argument was that I was taking the corners too slow. To some degree maybe, but nobody is going to convince me that faster is safer, except for a few special circumstances, like getting through a mud or sand patch, or rolling down a straight gravel hill.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts