Signature Link Limits

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I don't really understand why there is a limit on the number of links that can be put on the signature, or why it's only 1.

But can we have that limit removed?

If the concern is a huge spammy signature, I'd believe a character count limit, no images, no embeds would be better.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
If you put a link and people don't click on it, I doubt putting more would make any difference. What you could do is point your link to your website or something where you can have your full array of other links/social media for people to click and stuff. :)

Reactions: dandoolittle

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Spam mainly. The site was hammered by it before I spun it around.

I highly doubt I'll ever allow more than one link. it also makes the posts harder to read

Reactions: SighBored and Lurch

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
If you put a link and people don't click on it, I doubt putting more would make any difference. What you could do is point your link to your website or something where you can have your full array of other links/social media for people to click and stuff. :)
This is a good idea, you can get a Monnfruit site for free, and if you want a domain they're only a few £/$.

Reactions: SighBored

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
This is a good idea, you can get a Monnfruit site for free, and if you want a domain they're only a few £/$.

I may see if I can make the social links on peoples profiles clickable actually. I see the point of the post but it's that fine line of people promoting (which I don't actually mind) and making the site look a bit shit.

I'll see if theres a middle ground. The main reason I don't have too much on the posts is because I like people to have the choice to visit people (if they find someone intresrting_, not have self promotion rammed down their throat

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I may see if I can make the social links on peoples profiles clickable actually. I see the point of the post but it's that fine line of people promoting (which I don't actually mind) and making the site look a bit shit.

I'll see if theres a middle ground. The main reason I don't have too much on the posts is because I like people to have the choice to visit people (if they find someone intresrting_, not have self promotion rammed down their throat
I was thinking probably one link (for website) and then the rest of the signature be allowed to be filled with social media like FB,Twitter,etc. Instead of the profile page.

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
I was thinking probably one link (for website) and then the rest of the signature be allowed to be filled with social media like FB,Twitter,etc.

But on the signature instead.

I see what you're saying and I think it's actually a decent idea BUT I will need time look into it :)

What I will look into it, maybe having social links placed as below. Will it be a quick fix?, nope but I'm happy to look into it and you've given me an idea

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 11.32.10.png

Last edited:

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I see what you're saying and I think it's actually a decent idea BUT I will need time look into it :)

What I will look into is maybe having social links places here. Will it be a quick fix, nope but I'm happy to look into it and you've given me an idea
Yeah I was just about to mention putting little icons below the user's avatar based on the information the user updated on their profile.. Tiny little social media icons/badges. If a user only fills up Twitter field in their profile, only the Twitter badge appears below the avatar, if a users fills up more fields (i.e. Instagram, FB, etc) then other little badges of those other social medias will appear. Perhaps a maximum of 4 badges displayed.

Always good to make admins work hard. Ha-ha. :p

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Perhaps a maximum of 4 badges displayed.

Defo would be a limit and I think we all pretty much use the same ones, FD, Twitter, Google/Tube

Th trouble with 'running a site' os that I can't please every single user but I'll try and meet in the middle where I can anyway :)

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Wonder if there's a plugin that will do like YT does on the channel banner - little icons for each network that can be clicked on - if the user fills in that field. That way no links, just a tiny button with a favicon in it.

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Wonder if there's a plugin that will do like YT does on the channel banner - little icons for each network that can be clicked on - if the user fills in that field. That way no links, just a tiny button with a favicon in it.

I do use the odd plugin but I try to avoid it but I'm going to have a shop if I can't code it myself

BehindBars

bikes <3
Sep 14, 2016
Buckinghamshire, UK
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki ER-6F
Holy thread revival!

Discovered this thread after trying to add more links to my signature. Apologies if I've missed something else, but whats the verdict on extra links or social media buttons?

Buttons like these are HTML script, pretty much copy and paste off google, if we could add a few of these to our signatures I think that looks pretty tidy. Open to abuse I know, but worth considering

patricks_email_signature1.png

dandoolittle

Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
MiniMotos
Tried and abused hence why you're channels are displayed on your profiles etc.... gives people a choice to visit you/anyone if they find interesting.

Also more images means slower site

That's why I made them show only when people visit profiles, rather than every single public post... if you're interesting to someone then they'll come

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts