Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Providing there are enough people up for it to do this, I propose a sort of "Secret Santa" type thing.
Everyone can join in, new or old members irrespective of post count, as long as they say they will take part here in this post and do so before the cut off date.

So what is it I hear you ask?

Everyone who wants to take part, has to pm me a topic for another motovlogger to do. They will not know who will get that topic, and the topic should be sort of a Christmassy, seasonal type thing, but be inventive (and make sure they are possible). For those who are unable to ride due to snow etc, they can do a garage/sitting on the bike vlog if that suits them better.

Then once all the entries are in, I'll pick the topic at random and allocate it to a member at random, for them to create the motovlog based on that topic.

Those entering need to have sent me their subject that they want vlogged about via pm by the 24th November, I'll then message each person around the 25th November to tell them their topic.

The vlogs need to be posted anytime in December but before Christmas, and should be no longer than 10 minutes in length, and be purely that topic. The vlogger should mention the person who set the subject, and also motovlog.com in the actual video, and link to them both in the description/cards/etc. The title of the video should include "Motovlog.com's Secret Santa".

If there is not enough participation, we can shelve the idea for spring time maybe and rebrand it :)

There is no prize, just a bit of fun, and will hopefully get the newer members and lurkers involved with a little cross promotion from everyone!

• Love
Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Lots of views to this thread, but sadly only one person entered, ta @R-Rated so am guessing this is a dud idea for now, will maybe try a similar idea in spring.

• Sad

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Interesting, how come am I seeing this thread for the first time :eek: Not that I alone would have been save this idea, but definitely sounds like a fun one. Shame I missed it.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I thought you were quiet about it, assumed you were snowed in to be honest! :-D

• Haha

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Oh there is enough snow here to ski. But I have made a purchase lately that would allow me to tinker in a garage :p
spoiler.png

Last edited:

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I'm with @Theodor - this is the first time I'm seeing this thread, and I check for new posts and threads at least twice a week.

-John

Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I may not be posting much but I'm lurking and this was the first I am seeing of this thread. There do seem to be a quite a few bugs on the site as of late. I almost never see updates or replies to even old threads I am a part of. Also, when I click on whats new it just comes up blank on the body of the of the page meaning I have to click through another round to just see the new posts. Everytime I log in now I have to tel it to never ask me again about push notifications, which is enough for me to never visit most sites but I have been tolerating it here because of the community. And the ads have gotten atrocious. Between how long they take to load and the content which is often offensive in so many ways it makes me want to not be on the forum much.

That being said I would have enjoyed trying this out and I don't think it was a dud.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
That sounds like a cookies issue @LoneWolfer if you reject all cookies, it won't remember your choice, so will keep asking. You should be able to adjust your cookie settings to stop tracking ads etc but to allow functional and performance based cookies. I only view the forum on a PC so I may have a different user experience to others, but my viewing as admin doesn't get me any special treatment from the forum mechanics, and I still get ads. Have you tried an ad blocker? That might help reduce load times maybe?
Regarding notifications, it might be that you don't follow the competitions forum, so unless you check "new posts" or "latest posts" regularly, you may miss them. Traffic on here is very slow to be honest. I am sure it is due to the posting videos rules, but I don't really know what to do about that, maybe I could talk to Dan and see if we can relax the rules more, but I know if we drop them too much, then there won't be any discussions, just spam posts of random people's videos all over the place.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
@HippoDrone and @LoneWolfer

Oh my would there ever be spam if the rules on posting videos were relaxed.

However, I know there was a couple of folks that responded well to the fall video thing that kind of just happened. So maybe we can have a seasonal topic video where anyone that can enter as long as the video is on the topic?

I am already thinking around 12/21 issuing a video challenge of no talk video of riding to go get ice cream cone. That would work for both hemispheres. Those snowed in can just use the snow outside (yellow optional). Those in warmer places could feature the trappings of summer riding. The challenge could remain open until Feb. 1st to give plenty of time to do it and increase participation on the site.

Prize would be the pride and glory of just doing it.

Otherwise, we could end up like some other "forums" with this type:
5kthym.jpg

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Yeah, I'm with @R-Rated - don't relax the rules too much. This place is NOT a place to spam your vids unless they're tutorials/how-tos related to motovlogging. This site is more for getting started, which gear to select, collaboration, fixing technical issues or finding workarounds.

At least, that's how I see it.

-John

• Love

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Yeah, I'm with @R-Rated - don't relax the rules too much. This place is NOT a place to spam your vids unless they're tutorials/how-tos related to motovlogging. This site is more for getting started, which gear to select, collaboration, fixing technical issues or finding workarounds.

At least, that's how I see it.

-John
Agreed. I would add morale too. We all get "motovloggers block" sometimes no matter how long we have been playing this game.

So having a safe place to vent without being overrun with spam is good.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts