General Second Friday Night Surrey Ride, with Drone Footage!

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Hi all,

Got my new video up from my last ride in Sussex. Another Friday ride!

I strapped a GoPro to my mates back, and it made for some great footage. This really worked well. For the first time, I got to sync footage of 2 cameras within my editing tool. Usually its very disjointed.

I have a GoPro remote. In theory I'd love to link up all the GoPros and control them from the remote but the reliability of the remote is poor even when all cameras are on my bike, I hate to think how badly it will work if the cameras are on everyone elses bikes. I dont thing the range or reliability would be there for it to work, sadly.

I got to incorporate some Drone footage!

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
Cool vid, literally watching as you posted here.

Just a word of warning - be careful flying drones in places like that - technically it doesn't look like it meets the distance requirements from people/road etc. It's also National Trust land and they are *very* funny about it.

The best mapping tool I have found is dronescene

Reactions: City Bob

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Cool vid, literally watching as you posted here.

Just a word of warning - be careful flying drones in places like that - technically it doesn't look like it meets the distance requirements from people/road etc. It's also National Trust land and they are *very* funny about it.

The best mapping tool I have found is dronescene

Thanks Sera!
Trouble with the videos the drone always looks closer than it actually is. I did take the course and as for the national trust, if they want to apply to have them legally blocked they can. I'm guessing they tried and it was declined, therefore within rights for drone use and they can get as funny as they like, if they havent been granted legal right, they can't stop you if you are being safe and legal. It's sad that the world's turning so anti drone. I get your points and take them onboard.

Reactions: motosera

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
Thanks Sera!
Trouble with the videos the drone always looks closer than it actually is. I did take the course and as for the national trust, if they want to apply to have them legally blocked they can. I'm guessing they tried and it was declined, therefore within rights for drone use and they can get as funny as they like, if they havent been granted legal right, they can't stop you if you are being safe and legal. It's sad that the world's turning so anti drone. I get your points and take them onboard.

Oh yeah I totally get it. Not having a go, was just mentioning it as I hate to see anyone get any bother :). The NT have a statement on their website about it. Enforcement is something else although as national trust is private property, so they can set any rules they want.

It is however legally 30m from other people to take off and land, like I said, just be careful. Editing can deal with a lot :)

Drone stuff is a nightmare in the uk for sure. I work in the aviation security industry so get all sorts of stuff come through about it.

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Oh yeah I totally get it. Not having a go, was just mentioning it as I hate to see anyone get any bother :). The NT have a statement on their website about it. Enforcement is something else although as national trust is private property, so they can set any rules they want.

It is however legally 30m from other people to take off and land, like I said, just be careful. Editing can deal with a lot :)

Drone stuff is a nightmare in the uk for sure. I work in the aviation security industry so get all sorts of stuff come through about it.

I know you wasn't :D we're good!

Reactions: motosera

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts