Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
I agree with not having fully comp on a 125, but not so much for bigger bikes because:

Bikes total easily due to expensive plastics, forks bending, frame bending or cracking, so it is reasonable to assume if you have a half dangerous crash the bike will be written off, which will cost more than £700 it costs to insure fully comp. Hell, I bet plastics cost more than that by themselves. That's the reason I went fully comp, as well as the fact that I ride all year round and didn't have a car.

Also, bikes are more likely to be involved in an accident, so why not pay a little more for full coverage.

Personally I would never just go for third party as bikes can be stolen way to easily, but everyone's own choice in the end!

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
AZZ3R said:
sstimmyy said:
Right, with CIA insurance I can get plain old third party for just over £400 or TPFT for about £600. The money i'd save would be enough to rebuild my engine to an 'as new' condition!

Just tried to discuss this with my father and got the usual kind of response. If i don't have fully comp insurance, he wont allow me too keep the bike 'on his property' ...What an ignorant ****. This rubbish comes from a man whole locks food in a safe at home to stop me and my siblings eating it...

Ask him why? And let us know.

Because fully comp only means your bike gets repaired aswell as F&T.

Choosing TF&T Would be only if you could afford to fix the bike yourself.

No point in choosing fully comp on a 2k bike.

He said i wont get any legal cover in court or somthing if i have an accident, he is under the common illusion of 'you get on a motorbike = you die' It's just a pain. But to be honest he wont know if i change my insurance company

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
All insurances companies cover upto a minimum of 50k in court so i wouldnt worry there.

I know you would have explained this to him but if you dumb it down it is easirr to understand rather than what the insurance tell you it is.

- 3rd Party
You crash into someone the person you hit is coverd your not, you end up in hospital or off work or with no bike they wont pay you a dime.

- TPFT
attempted theift or actually stolen the insurance will cover you and payout for cover the person you hit and all the fees.

- Fully Comp
Everything above apart from they will fix or reenburst you the money for the bike you stated the price at.

Fully comp is always the best, but ive had all 3 50,125,650 and my insurance has gone up by £200 each time due to me always getting a bigger bike.

With fully comp you will get better perks like be able to be recoverd 3 or 4 times before having to pay for the 5th. But this can be choosen with TFPT.

As many people have already said, fully comp on a 125 is daft unless the bike is brand new or a year old.

Im on my phone and cant see more than a line at a time sorry if its confusing.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Legal cover is an extra on most policies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

sstimmyy

Wannabie Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oxfordshire, England, UK
I ride a
Honda CB600F Hornet 1999
AZZ3R said:
All insurances companies cover upto a minimum of 50k in court so i wouldnt worry there.

I know you would have explained this to him but if you dumb it down it is easirr to understand rather than what the insurance tell you it is.

- 3rd Party
You crash into someone the person you hit is coverd your not, you end up in hospital or off work or with no bike they wont pay you a dime.

- TPFT
attempted theift or actually stolen the insurance will cover you and payout for cover the person you hit and all the fees.

- Fully Comp
Everything above apart from they will fix or reenburst you the money for the bike you stated the price at.

Fully comp is always the best, but ive had all 3 50,125,650 and my insurance has gone up by £200 each time due to me always getting a bigger bike.

With fully comp you will get better perks like be able to be recoverd 3 or 4 times before having to pay for the 5th. But this can be choosen with TFPT.

As many people have already said, fully comp on a 125 is daft unless the bike is brand new or a year old.

Im on my phone and cant see more than a line at a time sorry if its confusing.

Okay thankyou for explaining mate, it all makes good sence :) I will show him to back up my points next time we try to discuss it, otherwise i may jsut change it without him knowing when im 18 as it wont be at all his responsibility then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts