Recording Mic

Meifesto

L Plate Member
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
So, let's discuss recording microphones.

And i don't mean the ones you use on the bike. ;)

What are the mics you guys use when you record a voice-over.
Or a stream.
Or a product review?

What are the mics to look into,
And what are the mics to avoid?

Preferably attached directly to pc ;)

Reactions: ADX

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
i have a Samsone C01U, its a direct USB microphone, it uesd to be hailed within the youtube comunity as a budget studio quality microphone, i also have a neewer NW-882, it uses an VLR to standard phono jack cable, if you already have a decent sound card that might be a better option, its cheap and usually comes in a pack with a mount n stuff, i did find it was a bit quiet for anything live or voice chat, but in post you can allways boost the levels.

Reactions: Meifesto

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I’ve found even with good recordings of my voice with no to low wind sounds, I still prefer to add normalization and compression to the track. At least 9.5 times out of 10. When I’m off my bike I film footage with my iPad Pro using FiLMIC Pro while recording my voice with a lavalier mic connected to a Zoom HN4 audio recorder. The iPad Pro serves as a good back up audio track if anything went wrong with the zoom recording - battery runs out, lava falls of my shirt collar, corrupt file, etc. ...
Sometimes I can enhance the audio by combining the two tracks.

-Wolf

Reactions: YBGuy and Meifesto

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
if I really must do a voice over, I have used my phone. I'll just do a noise cancellation to the recording afterwards. Could probably get a much better result with my pc headset, but on the other hand, it keeps my voice more similar to the off bike recordings, I also do with my phone...

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
So, let's discuss recording microphones.

And i don't mean the ones you use on the bike. ;)

What are the mics you guys use when you record a voice-over.
Or a stream.
Or a product review?

What are the mics to look into,
And what are the mics to avoid?

Preferably attached directly to pc ;)
I use the blue yeti for now and i have the audiotechnica 2020 XLR. both are great. Blue yeti is good for entry.

• Wow
Reactions: YBGuy

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
I use the blue yeti for now and i have the audiotechnica 2020 XLR. both are great. Blue yeti is good for entry.
I think the Blue Yeti sounds BOSS (really good). Plus the pop filter helps. It also has lot of different sound modes on the back of it and is a USB microphone so less chance to introduce noise interference.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
I’ve found even with good recordings of my voice with no to low wind sounds, I still prefer to add normalization and compression to the track. At least 9.5 times out of 10. When I’m off my bike I film footage with my iPad Pro using FiLMIC Pro while recording my voice with a lavalier mic connected to a Zoom HN4 audio recorder. The iPad Pro serves as a good back up audio track if anything went wrong with the zoom recording - battery runs out, lava falls of my shirt collar, corrupt file, etc. ...
Sometimes I can enhance the audio by combining the two tracks.

-Wolf
That's cool! Never though of combining two audios streams together like that.

Reactions: scooterwuf

Meifesto

L Plate Member
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Added the Blue Yeti to the research list ;)
Now to find time to do the research xD

Still have a good 2 weeks before i need to order one, as the main video i'm thinking about still requires a good 3 weeks of filming time ;)

Reactions: YBGuy
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
goncalecas General Discussion 39
Wild Rider General Discussion 6

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video