Random person video called me over Instagram

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
The other day I see that I have a notification from Instagram saying that someone tried to video call me. I have no idea who the user is, I go through his profile and just dont recognize him at all, so I forget about it.

The next day I receive 2 video calls right after each other and then a direct message asking me for my phone number. I obviously say no and ask him what he wants to discuss. He wants to know about bikes for a beginner.

Anyone else experienced this? I was so shocked that someone would just phone me up

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
The other day I see that I have a notification from Instagram saying that someone tried to video call me. I have no idea who the user is, I go through his profile and just dont recognize him at all, so I forget about it.

The next day I receive 2 video calls right after each other and then a direct message asking me for my phone number. I obviously say no and ask him what he wants to discuss. He wants to know about bikes for a beginner.

Anyone else experienced this? I was so shocked that someone would just phone me up
I didn't even know you could do that on Instagram. Learn something new everyday.
I would of course never give out your phone number and probably wouldn't even do a call with him. I would try to answer any questions he has through text and try to be polite. You want your follows to like you and have connection to you, but you also have to set some ground rules. Too many crazy people out there that can get very aggressive and stockerish if you give them the room to do so.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'd look into locking that down, last thing I'd want is weirdos calling me up! :D

• Haha
Reactions: WheelyPerd

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
The setting is under Notifications -> Direct messages -> Video calls.

Definitely had no idea you could call people.

Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Thats that switched to no notification. I'm all for talking to anyone but I draw the line t a video call. Message me all they like I can back to them when I get chance

Reactions: HippoDrone

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I'm mostly fine with it, but the constant calls seem very over the line. 2 calls one after the other?

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
For anyone else looking to turn that feature off I found this,

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts