Promotion and Growing your channel

lonerockz

Wannabie Member
Mar 23, 2023
California
I ride a
BMW R1250 GSA, Triumph Tiger Explorer, Yamaha Nmax 125
Peeps, I'm almost done editing up my first batch of videos, and I'm getting ready to do a formal channel launch in the near future. What do you all do to promote and grow your channel?

I've created Twitter, Instagram, and tick-tock accounts. I'm posting some generic content, old photos, and quick 20-second videos. Pretty low-energy stuff, but I've got over a hundred followers after a few days.

When I go live, I plan to upload 2-3 shorts a day to promote the youtube channel and the longer video. I'll also be hitting up some of the larger Moto forums doing a ride report, and posting pictures to drive traffic to the channel.

What do people think? Any tips y'all care to share?

Oh, I'm considering paying to promote on Instagram. Anyone done that?

Thanks!

Reactions: Drakhen99

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The easiest way to get some traction, is to get to know other motovloggers of similar size and network with them. Preferably with channels you will actually watch and creators you actually like.
I'd suggest not paying for any promotion, especially as a small new channel. You want interaction, comments and likes on each video... paying for an ad on instagram will not drive people to your youtube, it might get you more instagram followers, but I'd still avoid it.
My best top tip... make good content on YouTube, learn to tag and add decent descriptions/titles/thumbnails, and interact with as many other motovloggers as you can with sincerity.

MotoWolfUK

L Plate Member
Mar 4, 2023
Hampshire, UK
linktr.ee
I ride a
Wife
The easiest way to get some traction, is to get to know other motovloggers of similar size and network with them. Preferably with channels you will actually watch and creators you actually like.
I'd suggest not paying for any promotion, especially as a small new channel. You want interaction, comments and likes on each video... paying for an ad on instagram will not drive people to your youtube, it might get you more instagram followers, but I'd still avoid it.
My best top tip... make good content on YouTube, learn to tag and add decent descriptions/titles/thumbnails, and interact with as many other motovloggers as you can with sincerity.
The hard part about that is finding channels with similar size. Hmm. Good advice regarding ads there.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Check out Motosocial UK on Facebook, it is a UK based motovlogger group, quite active.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Sounds to me like you have a solid plan - now you start playing the waiting game.

It takes 50-100 videos for a new creator, on average, to make "good" content. Some people have that persona or spark that ignites and their channels blow up... most of us ride the struggle bus for a good long while before hitting our stride [speaking from my own experience].

Put your videos out the way you want, at the schedule you want, and try not to stress about it. It takes time for YT -and you - to find your audience. If you really like your videos now, you can casually mention them in future videos and then use info cards to point your viewers to them, driving traffic all around your channel.

That's my advice, take it for what it's worth :D

-John

MotoWolfUK

L Plate Member
Mar 4, 2023
Hampshire, UK
linktr.ee
I ride a
Wife
Sounds to me like you have a solid plan - now you start playing the waiting game.

It takes 50-100 videos for a new creator, on average, to make "good" content. Some people have that persona or spark that ignites and their channels blow up... most of us ride the struggle bus for a good long while before hitting our stride [speaking from my own experience].

Put your videos out the way you want, at the schedule you want, and try not to stress about it. It takes time for YT -and you - to find your audience. If you really like your videos now, you can casually mention them in future videos and then use info cards to point your viewers to them, driving traffic all around your channel.

That's my advice, take it for what it's worth :D

-John
Oh - that mentioning other videos and having a card for them is actually such a smart idea! Thank you and I strangely don’t mind not having many subs as I’m really enjoying just making stuff and putting it out there for myself first if that makes sense

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Oh - that mentioning other videos and having a card for them is actually such a smart idea! Thank you and I strangely don’t mind not having many subs as I’m really enjoying just making stuff and putting it out there for myself first if that makes sense
It certainly makes sense - it's a way to store your memories AND share them. Enjoying the process makes it all worthwhile, like any hobby.

Glad I could help, at least a little bit :D

-John

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts