Policewitness.com - anyone heard of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
http://www.policewitness.com Interesting site.

I came across the pictured article below while I'm sat in ats euromaster getting some new tyres for my cage.

Seems to suggest its a place for the public to upload videos of dangerous driving and the local police forces get contacted.

Sorry if it's all rotated the wrong way, just doing this while I'm waiting.

Thought it's a handy link for folk who tend to always be filming :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1319279953280.jpg

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Ah :( seems in order to stop spamming of videos you either have to pay an annual subscription of £60 or buy one of their evidence quality cameras (though at £150, fire proof, water proof and mounts it's a pretty good deal) for lifetime membership.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Looked into it some more.

Camera is a rebadged act20 hd dvr camera, straight from hong kong costs £40 on ebay. Pretty good camera and records in true hd (720p) according to reviews but not worth £150.

Site has an ex-assistant commissioner as the face, which gave it the official look and almost had me sold reading their magazine article however I think it's really one of these barmy business ideas that came out of the dragons den reject pile.

So yeah, site admin feel free to delete the thread, looks like it'll be a dead business in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts