Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I have deleted my photobucket account as they have broken all linked photos unless I pay them money. Once I sort an alternative I will try to replace some of the images I have posted here but most will now be lost as I used Photobucket as my back up. Screw them.
Soz for any posts I have made with broken links.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Unfortunately you can't edit posts much longer than a few minutes after posting them, so you'd have to append them as a new post.

If there's any particular pertinent ones, I'll be happy to relink for you, but I can't do it for all.

So what's the crack with Photobucket then?

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
they have decided that its users have to pay to be able to embed photos, I think if you have a small amount of photos it is still free but I have been using it since 2004 so had quite a lot stored on there.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I really dislike them, I remember long time ago it was free to store and share and suddenly switched platforms which had limited usage band and stuff, real shitty deal cause like many people I used it as a "storage" for my photos just to one day find out you can't link them for free anymore.. So now I just post on Insta and share the link, hopefully Insta doesn't one day turnaround and do the same shit.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Yes I was a longtime user. Not just for photos as well. I must have 100's of broken links now.
I still use it mainly as a easy way to get photos from my phone to my pc.

As for uploading photos I just use Facebook instagram and Imgur now.

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
I pretty well just use Imgur.

I don't have facebook and have never used instagram.

Youtube and reddit are basically my social networking.

I've never used photobucket.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
When I was in the Royal Navy, Facebook was a sanity saviour, it allowed me to stay in touch with my friends no matter how tough the times and never asked for a penny. I used a wedge of forums too and hosted phots on photobucketcnt and life was ace.... now Photobucketcnt are holding me to ransom, they can go f themselves!

Reactions: Superballs

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
There was a time when FB was a cool thing. I think that was back when all statuses started with the word "is".

I never complained about the interface changes, but it just became more and more pervasive with it's ads. Coupled with the fact that people would continuously post the most asinine things...most of the people I actually cared to keep in touch with never posted anything.

At the end of the day, killing my account only affected me in that I can't comment on the local newspaper website, and things that only allow facebook comments.

I'm hoping that it will fall...that's like asking Google to fall but one can always cling to hope...and Obi-Wan Kenobi

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
To be honest, I don't really understand hating on FB. If you worry about your personal info/privacy being violated, you don't have to put all the accurate information in your profile. You don't have to share every single status that comes across your mind, or every single photo you snap.. You can still see (more like stalk) your friends without having to post/comment anything. I haven't changed my profile pic for a few years, status, probably last one was on New Year just saying happy new year. Hardly post any pics. As for people posting bull-crap.. I take great fun in unfriending them (they'll notice that though), or the more covert way of "hide this post by XXX", do it often enough, you won't see that person's shit-posting. I also have a special friend group I create specifically for dumping ass-heads which I don't want to see anything I do but yet still maintain the friends link on FB so that they don't annoy me asking why I didn't approve their request.. The people in that group see my profile exactly how a stranger (non-friend) would see your public profile.. Anything you do/share which friends can see, those people can't. I am quite pleased in the way I manage my FB privacy control. It really pays to learn the ins and outs of their privacy setting.

I guess this is quite off-topic to Photobucket.. Sorry!

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
A little off topic never hurt anyone.

I just don't like spending my time managing how people see me and my statuses and my profiles.

I also find that I have more to talk about with people when I'm with them, as it's not all known...if I haven't seen someone for a couple months, we have some catching up to do. My life is also a lot quieter day to day which I've begun to appreciate.

While I enjoy my Youtube posting, and my forum posting, there's a limit to what people will every find out about me. I don't really have to be that careful. I'm just not a fan. I mean, to each their own, it just doesn't work for me.

Reactions: SighBored

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
As has been stated, people can only find out the info you give them, you don't have to post anything to have an account. I also use a Google extension called FBP which gets rid of the ads on Facebook and allows me to have it only show the things I want in the old format I prefered. It even allows me to block posts or photos of a certain type: I could block cat photos for example! :D

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
I just upload mine to facebook. Messenger chat myself and attach the images then just right click copy image url.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I don't always want to post all my photos to facebook though. I've just opened a flickr account so will see how I get on with that! :)

Reactions: 2WV

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts