General Packing for touring - essentials

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
We are heading off on a little UK 3 day 'tour' in a couple of weeks. So while I'm finding all my junk I thought I'd show you what I pack!

If we are doing europe, then obviously we take other stuff too.

Reactions: HippoDrone

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Great vid, personally I always over pack I really need to reduce the amount of stuff I take. Glad to see the first aid kit!

Reactions: motosera

Painey

Wannabie Member
Nov 14, 2020
UK & Florida
I ride a
2019 Harley RGS
For long distance touring the golden rule is only take clothes for 3 days, usually you can wear clothes more than one day and then use a laundrette to wash your clothes when possible. Also take you oldest underwear and socks and throw them away after wearing them and then pick up new at a local supermarket.
I carry a electric pump and repair kit all the time.
One other thing you might want to consider is a battery starter power pack. They are very small, about the size on 2 phones on top of each other but very powerful. I have used mine 3 times helping others out when their battery had died. I also carry a can of fix a flat as a back up. My bike has power outlets so I can keep my phone charged at all times but otherwise a power bank is a good idea

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
Wait. This Motoex travel size chain lube cans are refillable? I have bought probably 10 of the things, just to use on a tour. More please on refilling them.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Nice tool holster. I have searched ebay for one, but did not find something I'd like. Last summer I just carried the tools along, in a paper bag :D The tools of course tore it up quite quickly.

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
For long distance touring the golden rule is only take clothes for 3 days, usually you can wear clothes more than one day and then use a laundrette to wash your clothes when possible. Also take you oldest underwear and socks and throw them away after wearing them and then pick up new at a local supermarket.
I carry a electric pump and repair kit all the time.
One other thing you might want to consider is a battery starter power pack. They are very small, about the size on 2 phones on top of each other but very powerful. I have used mine 3 times helping others out when their battery had died. I also carry a can of fix a flat as a back up. My bike has power outlets so I can keep my phone charged at all times but otherwise a power bank is a good idea

Yes, I have a jump start pack too, just didn't include it. It lives under the seat of my bike. I've got 2 powerbanks too, they live with my camera gear.

Wait. This Motoex travel size chain lube cans are refillable? I have bought probably 10 of the things, just to use on a tour. More please on refilling them.

Just remove the nozzle and you'll see it has a tapered end on the can, you can push it into the nozzle of a larger can and refill it, same way you would refill a lighter.

Nice tool holster. I have searched ebay for one, but did not find something I'd like. Last summer I just carried the tools along, in a paper bag :D The tools of course tore it up quite quickly.

Search for "tool roll". Theres loads of choice, between 5 and 20 quid.

Reactions: Theodor

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts