Out for a group ride on the weekend

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I know what you mean. The last group ride I did I was the tail gunner and the person in front of me kept having engine problems which occasionally caused us to be separated from the group. Fortunately whe had a three honk system that daisy chained up to the captain to let him know there was a problem in the group.

- Wolf

Reactions: R-Rated and TMackie

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I know what you mean. The last group ride I did I was the tail gunner and the person in front of me kept having engine problems which occasionally caused us to be separated from the group. Fortunately whe had a three honk system that daisy chained up to the captain to let him know there was a problem in the group.

- Wolf
Worst group rides incidents for me:
1. I was sweep and radioed to the lead bike to find out why we stopped on a 30 bike country ride. He said he didn't. Turns out a rider stopped briefly and their hip broke.
2. Almost getting rear ended three time by my neighbor at the time in another ride.
3. Not really bad but definitely funny - torrential rain broke out and the lead bike took the group down a side road for shelter. There was no shelter and it was a dead end where the procession had to turn back on itself. I got that on camera and remember singing the typical circus tune as we rode by each other.

• Wow
Reactions: Drakhen99

mymotorrad

Wannabie Member
Mar 26, 2021
Fountain Hills AZ
www.mymotorrad.com
I ride a
2009 R1200RT
Organizing a group rides can feel like this sometimes...and the more bikes involved is exponentially difficult.

View attachment 5931
Yes, the more bikes the worse it gets. I've done up to about 40. That was stupid. Actually the worst I've seen was a group ride from Arrowhead HD to Westworld in Scottsdale during AZ bike week that was led by Chibs of SOA, who was riding a K1600. I just rode around it. I couldn't take the asphyxiation from the poorly tuned bikes. It was like 10 miles of bikes. I got within a mile or less from the front.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Yes, the more bikes the worse it gets. I've done up to about 40. That was stupid. Actually the worst I've seen was a group ride from Arrowhead HD to Westworld in Scottsdale during AZ bike week that was led by Chibs of SOA, who was riding a K1600. I just rode around it. I couldn't take the asphyxiation from the poorly tuned bikes. It was like 10 miles of bikes. I got within a mile or less from the front.

I am going to guess there were few dozen of these riders

ill-running-better-rev-it-up-10-times-to-make-sure.jpg

Reactions: mymotorrad

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I am going to guess there were few dozen of these riders...
I recall being in a group ride some years ago, where two HD choppers, with straight pipes, were so loud, that I was actually unable to tell if my bike started or not. I had a V2 at the time, so I was able to verify by placing my hand on the bike and feel it working :D

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I recall being in a group ride some years ago, where two HD choppers, with straight pipes, were so loud, that I was actually unable to tell if my bike started or not.
On my Goldwing, if I'm riding with any Harleys I honestly can't tell if my bike is running or not without looking at the tach. :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Moto Photos! 0
R-Rated Moto Photos! 5

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts