"other" sponsors and YouTube

GandD

Wannabie Member
Apr 7, 2021
I ride a
Bandit 1250S
Being new, monetizing on YouTube is a 1,000 distant future.

Being new this seemed like a good place to be, a place where I am not.

Having said this, I might ask a question that will indicate to those with more knowledge like I am confused.

BINGO. I am very CONFUSED and now that we are on the same page. Serious question here.

If I understand correctly,

YouTube contract is 43% "advertising revenue", meaning they earn what they earn in all the other ways they earn. IN addition they recieve 43% of what YOU EARN from showing ads on their platform.

Check, think that is understood.

There are additional avenues in which you earn money with your YouTube channel, ad revenue just happens to be one of these avenues.

With no more logos and relying upon other YouTube viewers to "police" this new change. I am concerned at the new way they are tapping into the 43%.

If you have a sponsor (another revenue avenue). If it is determined that there is X amount of show time, YouTube can now ask your sponsor to sign up for a media package on your chanel and then pay YouTube their 43%.

How do they know it is a sponsor or you purchased it?

I mean I purchased my motorcycle, no one paid me to show it, I show it because it is my bike. Will this "appear" in the great Google Analytic machine that, my motorcycle manufacturer is a sponsor and they want their 43%.

Just wondering because back in the day, anyone claimed someone was a sponsor.....all the agents were ganging up on you, demanding their cut and it got really difficult.

Do you only have to worry if you monetize your channel with them?

Can you have a successful channel , without that partnership?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
YouTube is a hobby for me, so have not looked into the rules on sponsorship, but you are not sponsored by your motorcycle manufacturer, so I'd really not worry about it.

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Is the "sponsor" you are referring to the same as a "paid promotion"?

If I'm not mistaken (which I'm probably mistaken), if you are sponsored or have paid promotion, then you will be inserting maybe some ads/clips/logos of the sponsor or paid promotion. In that sense, YT will probably NOT run any of their ads on your video, because your video already has some sponsor on it, and it would clash if say a rival/competitor ad runs on your video while it's playing.

What this means is that since YT is not running any of their own ads on your videos during playback or etc, that means you won't get any YT ad revenue for that video.

I'm probably mistaken on this, I don't know.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
All I know about other sponsorships, is I got a free license for Alex Audio Butler for Davinci Resolve in exchange for making a review video. Unimule, who makes AAB, merely said, "here's a free license, go make the video you want to make, reviewing our product, and remember to have fun!" ... I made the video I wanted, they loved it, and when I published it, I added the "paid promotion" thing in YT to it.

I still don't know if any ads are run on that video, but it's there and I marked is as paid promotion to ensure no issues in the future.

-John

Reactions: SighBored
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated General Discussion 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts