Organically driving traffic?

motonomad

Wannabie Member
May 20, 2023
Chiang Mai, Thailand
I ride a
Yamaha MT-03
Hey! Was wondering how you guys drive organic traffic to your videos outside of Youtube, TikTok, Instagram, and of course here lol.

I've seen some channels with 100k+ subs with content that is extremely dry and dull (ie .Night.Rider. on youtube). All of this guys content are shorts, and it looks like he first built his following on TikTok (700k followers+)

I've also seen (and enjoy) videos with no insane driving stunts, no humour, no commentary, just beautiful chill rides such as ridepov (75k+ subs).

I couldn't find many backlinks to either. However, for sure some of these channels take off with some 3rd party traffic. Once they're established, it's obviously easier for the algorithm to show the videos to others based on their interests due to the channels overall popularity and watch length ratio.

I was just wondering if there's anybody here with some outside-the-box thinking that uses some unique strategies they're willing to share with the rest of us to organically "boost" our content? I believe this would help a lot of us out so we can gauge which of our videos really do "work" (are watched), or get general community feedback so we can make pivots at an earlier stage.

Perhaps some of us could get involved and build some type of moto-vlog case study in regards to particular organic growth strategies and SM algorithms!

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
After almost 3 years at this, here's my anecdotal advice for organic growth:

1. Be active in the community. Watch other peoples' videos, comment, and that gets your name out there.
2. Create different types of content - if someone likes your personality doing a part installation, chances are good they'll like your personality while you're riding. If you're a travel vlogger, I dunno, this may or may not work.
3. Use your title/thumbnail/description/tags to drive appropriate search traffic to your videos [don't stuff tags about cooking, if you're not cooking, for instance].
4. Make good content. Check your analytics pages, see what parts people are clicking off of, and don't do that. See what they watch the most of, do that more.
5. Continue making improvements and new content. Having a proven track record of 50-100 videos, IMO, is a good way to "get the ball rolling" so to speak.
6. Give it time. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and if you have one "flash in the pan" video that gets a ton of views, you can't expect that result to successive videos - so don't get down when it doesn't. Those that find your videos enjoyable will be back to watch more.
7. Stay away from FB/Reddit/etc. groups. IMO, it ain't worth it. Sure, I get more views that way, but they're tanking the AVD, and thus the algorithm doesn't think they're great.

At the end of the day, that's just MY experience, so take it for what it's worth. Feel free to experiment with topics, styles, posting times and days of the week. See what works, and what doesn't. Do make videos that make you happy - it shows up on screen, and if it's forced, viewers will see that.

-John

• Love
Reactions: motonomad

motonomad

Wannabie Member
May 20, 2023
Chiang Mai, Thailand
I ride a
Yamaha MT-03
After almost 3 years at this, here's my anecdotal advice for organic growth:

1. Be active in the community. Watch other peoples' videos, comment, and that gets your name out there.
2. Create different types of content - if someone likes your personality doing a part installation, chances are good they'll like your personality while you're riding. If you're a travel vlogger, I dunno, this may or may not work.
3. Use your title/thumbnail/description/tags to drive appropriate search traffic to your videos [don't stuff tags about cooking, if you're not cooking, for instance].
4. Make good content. Check your analytics pages, see what parts people are clicking off of, and don't do that. See what they watch the most of, do that more.
5. Continue making improvements and new content. Having a proven track record of 50-100 videos, IMO, is a good way to "get the ball rolling" so to speak.
6. Give it time. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and if you have one "flash in the pan" video that gets a ton of views, you can't expect that result to successive videos - so don't get down when it doesn't. Those that find your videos enjoyable will be back to watch more.
7. Stay away from FB/Reddit/etc. groups. IMO, it ain't worth it. Sure, I get more views that way, but they're tanking the AVD, and thus the algorithm doesn't think they're great.

At the end of the day, that's just MY experience, so take it for what it's worth. Feel free to experiment with topics, styles, posting times and days of the week. See what works, and what doesn't. Do make videos that make you happy - it shows up on screen, and if it's forced, viewers will see that.

-John
Thanks for that. The tip about staying away from 3rd party groups lowering AVD really does make sense. Could actually hurt organic growth rather than help!

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Thanks for that. The tip about staying away from 3rd party groups lowering AVD really does make sense. Could actually hurt organic growth rather than help!
Yep. I will wait until the initial push from YT is over, and THEN post it to a group. The exception to this is videos which answer a specific question. For instance, I have installed fairing-mounted wind deflectors and a Memphis Shades spoiler windshield on my Street Glide, and people in those groups ask quite frequently about them, so I post up a link to the video as my answer.

-John

AlanSmith7

Wannabie Member
Aug 17, 2020
I ride a
Suzuki Hayabusa
Harley Davidson Dyna Fatbob
For best results, you need to understand the algorithms of them. Try must to post at least one a day and choose the trendy keywords.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts