Opinions And Advice On Proper Gear?

Dylan

Captain
Sep 13, 2014
Tucson, AZ
youtube.com
I ride a
Depends on the day!
First off, I'm a skinny guy (approx 6ft 150lbs) and I've had a lot of trouble finding gear that will have a snug/proper fit. Does anyone have any opinions on what brand/type of gear has the best fit? Similar to shoes or clothing lines, some may fit tighter than others.. I'm looking to purchase some full leathers soon, and haven't had much experience with them! What size would someone recommend, what brands fit tightly, etc?
I have been to my local shop (only one) and have tried on a full suit once before. Size 50? (I believe it was Euro sizing) fit kiiiiiiiiiinda well. I'm also interested in textile/protective jeans. I know people may have posted something pertaining to what I'm asking, but I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone in this question, AND get a more personal/updated answer. I'm just really asking those of you who own (or have owned) leathers since I'm kind of in the dark.. Any other tips would be helpful!

Thanks to anyone who provide help!
Dylan

p.s. If nothing else, I'll get branding advice from you, and go around to ALL of my local shops and just try on a bunch of sizes!

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
It might be worth looking into some made-to-measure leathers. They're not all as expensive as you think. Otherwise, Euro companies will probably be a better fit than US ones.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Spada for fabrics aka the colder months. They're not pricey but I've ridden in storms wearing their stuff and rarely got my body wet etc.

RST are great for leathers, love mine

Reactions: Mysterious Rider

RoninK6

Rogue Samurai
May 14, 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.A.
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600K6
Late to the party, but agree with the European cuts. Clothing over here in the U.S. has been supersized in recent years so that the person buying the whatever does't feel so bad about the size their buying :p . Want a Coke a day? Add 10lbs. in one year (was that the number :confused: ???).

Anyways, good luck - I wish I was that tall ~_~ ~.....

MotoJedeye

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2014
California
I ride a
Cruiser: Victory Vegas 8-ball, Ducati Scrambler
REV'IT makes good quality stuff ( jackets/pants/gloves/boots) and they are a EURO company, so you can get all metrosexual'd out ;) and look good on the bike and off it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Motorbike Gear (lids etc) 1

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts