Oof, it's been a wild summer!

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Kinda been MIA from literally everything. My poor Tracer was sitting so much I threw it on the tender just so the battery didn't go flat. Seems I'm either working, dealing with household stuff, or the weather is nuts.

But, I've managed in the time to find the truck my wife wanted, after looking for 6 plus months (purely by accident mind you), begin camper shopping which has turned into us ordering one of the toy hauler ones, which benefits the hell out of me! And I may have caused a giant ruckus in a multi million dollar trucking company.... But I got what I wanted and some people that needed a smacking around got dealt with.

Hopefully I can get back to some riding and videos! lol!

How's everyone else doing?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Sounds like a busy few months! :D

I have been struggling for time recently, adulting and real life are all requiring my attention, have had hardly any time to ride recently, but this should change soon. Weirdly me going back to work full time should give me more time to ride as I need routine in my life else I go to poop

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Sounds like a busy few months! :D

I have been struggling for time recently, adulting and real life are all requiring my attention, have had hardly any time to ride recently, but this should change soon. Weirdly me going back to work full time should give me more time to ride as I need routine in my life else I go to poop
It's amazing how much stuff you end up having to do when you're off work. I'm taking a full week off next week, and the plan to just recoup and relax has already gone right out the window.

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

MachKneel

Insta : @flex_and_freedom
Mar 23, 2021
Co.Derry, Ireland
I ride a
Harley Davidson Softail 2021, Yamaha R6 2005
Kinda been MIA from literally everything. My poor Tracer was sitting so much I threw it on the tender just so the battery didn't go flat. Seems I'm either working, dealing with household stuff, or the weather is nuts.

But, I've managed in the time to find the truck my wife wanted, after looking for 6 plus months (purely by accident mind you), begin camper shopping which has turned into us ordering one of the toy hauler ones, which benefits the hell out of me! And I may have caused a giant ruckus in a multi million dollar trucking company.... But I got what I wanted and some people that needed a smacking around got dealt with.

Hopefully I can get back to some riding and videos! lol!

How's everyone else doing?
I’m just actually back riding this week myself after recovering from a nasty wrist double fracture! So hopefully the videos will come too! I actually make a point of getting out on the bike as i really enjoy it and see it as a way to destress from work, weather permitting which in Ireland isn’t always the case lol!
Ride safe

John

Arfa

Beginner Biker Adventures
Nov 17, 2020
London
www.beginnerbiker.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6
Glad you've had some success over the summer, finding those sought after things after a long search can be really satisfying.

Yeah, been a bit distant from YouTube this summer too. Only just finished a video I've been trying to do all summer! It's been a mad few months getting our house tidied up, on the market, sold and then finding a new place up in Scotland. Not to mention all the stress that comes with moving. A drastic change relocating from East London to Stirling, Scotland. Looks like everything is 90% confirmed for a move in early October and am currently packing 20 years of stuff into boxes!

MachKneel

Insta : @flex_and_freedom
Mar 23, 2021
Co.Derry, Ireland
I ride a
Harley Davidson Softail 2021, Yamaha R6 2005
Glad you've had some success over the summer, finding those sought after things after a long search can be really satisfying.

Yeah, been a bit distant from YouTube this summer too. Only just finished a video I've been trying to do all summer! It's been a mad few months getting our house tidied up, on the market, sold and then finding a new place up in Scotland. Not to mention all the stress that comes with moving. A drastic change relocating from East London to Stirling, Scotland. Looks like everything is 90% confirmed for a move in early October and am currently packing 20 years of stuff into boxes!
Stirling is a lovely part of the world pal, all the best with the move. I am from North of Ireland but I spent a few years working there as an project manager for some new university buildings. You will be sick of the Wallace Monument in no time haha.

Just subbed to your channel also! :)

thanks

John

Reactions: Drakhen99

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
My summer has been pretty amazing, but with some heartbreak as well. I sacrificed a lot of motovlogging, riding, and travel plans to work on a commissioned film (paid well for it too). For the past 4 months I created a 16 minute animated and live-action documentary, Water Born, that explored the narrow minded stereotype of whether or not people of color know how to swim.

I interviewed 8 people, and used 6 (2 had to be cut due to the length of the film). To my surprised I delivered the finished film on time. The documentary was to be included in a multi-artist exhibit at Philadelphia’s historic Fairmount Waterworks in a show called POOL: A Social History of Segregation, an exhibition that explores the implications of segregated swimming in America.The VIP premiere was scheduled for Sept. 1, a few days after receiving a favorable write up in the Sunday addition of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Ironically, Sept. 1st was the same day Hurricane Ida hit Philly, flooding the Schuylkill River (site of the waterworks) 17 plus feet above its banks (I said it was ironic). Luckily, much of the show’s equipment - projectors, monitors, and audio equipment - was removed, but the entire gallery was flooded, causing the show to be postponed. However, 98% of the show’s content will soon be available online. I didn’t lose anything since my film is a digital file, and since the beginning of this month I’ve begun entering the film in national and international film festivals.

I can also say that my experience as a motovlogger - shooting, logging, editing and and everything I’ve learned from this site was indispensable in the making of my film, so I wanted to say thank you to everyone here for all of your support, shared knowledge and camaraderie. My experience here has made me a better filmmaker.

Right now I’m in recovery mode - I found out that I’m a stress sleeper who grinds their teeth at night. My headaches and dental pains are pretty much gone, but I still need one ear to ‘pop’ from the case of Bruxism I developed.

My teaching semester has started where I’m physically back on campus instead of teaching remotely. Let’s hope this is a good indication that things are easing back for this Pandemic.

After a long crazy summer it’ll be nice to return to any sense of normal. Riding again is a good place to start.

Ride safe everyone,

- Wolf

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts