One ride into two parts

CVentures

Rookie Rider
Aug 28, 2020
Maine
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Beta 300RR
Went on a day long ride on Monday with tons of decent content, does anyone struggle trying to break your footage up into two sections with enough long engaging content to satisfy both videos without making each video tooo long ?

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
I generally cut out any bits where I am not speaking on my vlogs unless someone falls off on camera, I also try and save my talking for the more interesting parts of the rides... if I am on my Beta 390RR I will not post road footage, just trails. If on a road ride on my Moto Guzzi or Triumph, I'll save my chatting for the corners and nice views rather than sitting at traffic lights or riding through town. TBH, the only videos I tend to not cut footage from is my trackdays, but I mix them up to stop folk getting bored by using multiple camera angles so breaks in me talking are made more interesting by a knee down angle or a bike blatting past me :)

Reactions: Theodor

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Hippo brings out a good point, that I am still trying to master - recording the way you'd want to edit it.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Like Hippo I sometimes wait to talk during the more scenic or interesting parts of the ride. That takes some pre-planning though, and sometimes when I'm exploring unknown roads that just isn't possible.

I've never edited a motovlog into a two-parter yet, but I've made a few longer vids where I probably should have.

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts