Not A Fan of Some People on Forums

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonwolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster & Suzuki Savage
I ride a Harley Sportster and try to participate in one of the forums on Facebook, Harley-Davidson Sportster Owners Group. But from the fact that every other post is asking about what kind of oil to use and crap like this comment below, I'm pretty much done with this particular forum. Seriously, this twit actually typed out "afro engineering" and thinks he's not out of line. On almost every post, you can find this kind of thinking and banter.

I'm curious if others find this kind of garbage mentality in their respective bikes forums/social groups or if this is more of an American Iron thing?

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I ride a Harley Sportster and try to participate in one of the forums on Facebook, Harley-Davidson Sportster Owners Group. But from the fact that every other post is asking about what kind of oil to use and crap like this comment below, I'm pretty much done with this particular forum. Seriously, this twit actually typed out "afro engineering" and thinks he's not out of line. On almost every post, you can find this kind of thinking and banter.

View attachment 4426

I'm curious if others find this kind of garbage mentality in their respective bikes forums/social groups or if this is more of an American Iron thing?
I think you and I noticed another (ahem) V-Twin forum where there is a lot of bluster and little useful knowledge.

Seems consistent with my experience riding with a certain group of riders that are fans of a particular brand. Yet the brand is surprised they are not appealing to as many different demographics.

What a mess!

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonwolfer.com
I ride a
I think you and I noticed another (ahem) V-Twin forum where there is a lot of bluster and little useful knowledge.

Seems consistent with my experience riding with a certain group of riders that are fans of a particular brand. Yet the brand is surprised they are not appealing to as many different demographics.

What a mess!
Yeah, that other forum has quite a few issues and I can't even search it any longer because of that stuff. Drives me nuts combing through to try and find small amounts of useful info. And this abundance of bigotry in the V-Twin community along with other crap like misogyny, "oh yer Sportster is a girls bike" which is tame, is getting so damn annoying. Had a lovely exchange with a troll, that he deleted, on one of my Laconia vids about how the rally is too family friendly for him now. That is why I am screen capping all of my derogatory comments now on all social platforms.

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Yeah, that other forum has quite a few issues and I can't even search it any longer because of that stuff. Drives me nuts combing through to try and find small amounts of useful info. And this abundance of bigotry in the V-Twin community along with other crap like misogyny, "oh yer Sportster is a girls bike" which is tame, is getting so damn annoying. Had a lovely exchange with a troll, that he deleted, on one of my Laconia vids about how the rally is too family friendly for him now. That is why I am screen capping all of my derogatory comments now on all social platforms.
We should do a collaboration on motorcycle trolls as a coffee table book...

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Most of the groups I'm a member of on FB are pretty civilised, tbh though, the ones I've found to be full of bigots, snobs and general wankers, I've not stayed a member long enough for them to be an issue. I haven't got any time for those kinds of people in my life.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
rideontwo.net
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I said it earlier in a different thread, people can post anything they want because Jay and Silent Bob wont show up at their door to kick the snot outa them. I honestly don't like comments on anything and won't read them on any article because of that stuff. I tolerate the comments on YT because I need them for the channel, otherwise I would disable. I have not had an issue yet but when I do im thinking of just deleting the comment immediately (anything bigoted or such). Funny thing is that idiot can't spell worth a damn and I see that a lot from the vile posters!

Reactions: LoneWolfer

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonwolfer.com
I ride a
I said it earlier in a different thread, people can post anything they want because Jay and Silent Bob wont show up at their door to kick the snot outa them. I honestly don't like comments on anything and won't read them on any article because of that stuff. I tolerate the comments on YT because I need them for the channel, otherwise I would disable. I have not had an issue yet but when I do im thinking of just deleting the comment immediately (anything bigoted or such). Funny thing is that idiot can't spell worth a damn and I see that a lot from the vile posters!
Hahahah, if you're up for some cosplay I can be Silent Bob!

All of his posts were just as poorly edited. We all slip up when typing quickly, but that coupled with bigotry just screams moron.

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Hahahah, if you're up for some cosplay I can be Silent Bob!

All of his posts were just as poorly edited. We all slip up when typing quickly, but that coupled with bigotry just screams moron.

View attachment 4430
I love that last line you wrote...Feel free to share this with your "friend":p

Reactions: LoneWolfer

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Oh yeah, I used to be part of a closed motorcycle group forum. You should see the stuff people post when they know its private and its just the guys. Only lasted 8 months before members just started leaving.

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.

Latest posts