New to motovlogging

Dragon Cru

Wannabie Member
May 30, 2019
I ride a
2008 Harley-Davidson Super Glide
I am just getting my el cheapo setup to see if I can do/like moto logging. I have the Dragontouch 4k cam with the mounts it came with. Unfortunately, it does not have a mic jack and doesn't support external mic. So for the time being, I want to get a decent lavalier mic that'll work with my phone (S9+) and has decent quality, but wont break the bank. Itll be going in the cheek pad in my helmet. Any suggestions? Also, any tips for a guy just starting out?

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I use a Sony Model:ECMCS. I have one on my half helmet, my full face, and my modular.

They are only $21 at Best Buy.

I use a bit of cotton over the mic holes and then a foam wind sock over that to keep the wind noise down.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I use the Audio-Technica ATR-3350IS Omnidirectional Condenser Lavalier Mic with Smartphone Adapter with an iphone 6s. 30 bucks on Amazon but it works great. This is a powered mic so it does require a battery so you have to pay attention to that and the cord is 12 feet long which is a bit much for our purposes. But it comes with the adapter for smartphones and solves the issue I had with a few other mics, including the Sony R-Rated mentioned above which requires the device that it is plugged into to supply it a small amount of power to work.

Another option is using the handfree headphones that cam with your phone. Cutting the headphone soff is optional, but that is how I started, had a pair of apple headphones that crapped out, but th emic still worked so I cut the earbuds off and shoved the mic in my cheek pad, still keep that as a backup. And eeryone knows someone with a pair of apple headphones that have shit the bed they would be willing to give up for free hahahaha.

Reactions: R-Rated

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts